Protecting your PC with a password/pin Is one sure way to protect of yourself from outsiders/friends, but have you ever taught of using a USB pen drive to lock and unlock your PC?. You think its impossible right? well is it possible and in this guide you’ll learn how to lock and unlock PC using a USB pendrive.
The most common means by which we logon to our PC is either by passwords/pin, but with this new method, you can simply logon to your computer just by inserting your USB pen drive into your PC. This method I’ll be sharing is very cool, simple and straight forward compare with the traditional methods, where you need to start typing your passwords/pins.
So lets quickly go through the steps to get our USB pen drive running as our security key.
HOW TO LOCK AND UNLOCK PC USING A USB PENDRIVE
In this method, we’ll be making use of a tool called Predator. Predator locks your PC while you’re away even when windows sessions is still active when you remove the USB pen drive, it automatically disables the keyboard and mouse, and the screen darkens and when you come back to your PC and insert the USB pen drive, it restores all sessions.
Steps To Lock And Unlock PC Using A USB Pendrive
1. Firstly we need to download and install Predator software on our PC. The program will be in zip format.
2. On installation, your will be asked to set a Password and also a Recovery key, insert the USB and click ok to continue
3. On the next window, you’ll need to choose Password and select the particular USB drive you want to use for the task.
4. Your USB would be ready after that, and then you can make use of the preference windows to add more features.
5. Now each time you log on your PC just insert the USB and launch the software and continue with your task on the PC and after you’re done, remove it. Your computer will get automatically locked, and if you wanted to unlock, simply insert the USB back into your PC that’s all.
Similar software includes Rohos logon key, also easy to set up.
With this, you can now lock and unlock any computer using a USB drive. Hope you like this post, don’t forget to share and leave a comment below.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE