Hey guys, in this guide you’ll learn how to root Tecno Camon CX using TWRP custom recovery.
Tecno Camon CX is a 5.5-inch device with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (400ppi). CX is powered by an Octa-Core processor at 1.5GHz, chipset MTK6755. Tecno CX is a 2GB RAM device with 16GB built-in storage with support for memory card up to 128GB, 16MP Rear Camera and 16MP Front Camera. Tecno CX runs on Nougat (Android 7.0) with HiOS 2.0 with a battery capacity of 3200mAh non-removable and Flash Charging.
How to Install TWRP and root Tecno Camon CX
There are two main steps you need to root your Tecno Camon CX:
- Unlocking the Bootloader of the Tecno Camon CX
- Flashing TWRP ported by Team Hovatek and SuperSU.zip
Steps to Install TWRP and root Tecno Camon CX
- Download TWRP for Tecno Camon CX recovery from the link.
- Now, Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC using the guide here
- Extract and copy the TWRP recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Unlock the Bootloader of the Tecno Camon CX using the guide here
- Now, download SuperSU.zip from the given link.
- Place the downloaded SuperSU.zip to the root of your SD card
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; don’t forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging)
- When the phone boots into Fastboot mode, load the TWRP recovery to the phone using the following command “fastboot boot recovery.img “
- The phone should automatically boot into TWRP recovery mode without any problem.
- Once that is complete, proceed In TWRP mode, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tick KEEP READ ONLY TWRP
- Now, select Install and Navigate to the location of the SuperSU.zip on External SD card and select it, then Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip
- Wait till flashing is complete and Reboot the phone
Congrats, you’ve successfully rooted your Tecno Camon CX. You may also need Tecno Camon CX Stock ROM if you encounter any error rooting the devices.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE