TWRP recovery is the number one utility you need when it comes to exploring the in-depth of your device. Installing TWRP on your OnePlus 5T allows you to install custom ROM, performance MOD, take nandroid backup etc.
How To Unlock Bootloader And Install TWRP V3.2.0 On OnePlus 5T
Installing TWRP on OnePlus 5T requires device Bootloader Unlocked and in this guide, we’ll be walking through the step by step guide to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP 3.2.0
Important notice: Make sure you backup all important data on your device before going into unlocking Bootloader and installing TWRP on your device. All files and software that may appear on this page belong to their respective owner/developer. This site or its author we’ll not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device.
What’s new in TWRP 3.2.0-0:
- Allow restoring adb backups in the TWRP GUI (bigbiff)
- Fix gzip backup error in adb backups (bigbiff)
- Fix a bug in TWRP’s backup routines that occasionally corrupted backup files (nkk71)
- Better support for installing Android 8.0 based zips due to legacy props (nkk71)
- Support vold decrypt with keymaster 3.0 in 8.0 firmware (nkk71)
- Decrypt of synthetic passwords for Pixel 2 (Dees_Troy)
- Support newer ext4 FBE policies for backup and restore in libtar (Dees_Troy)
- v2 fstab support (Dees_Troy)
- Bring TWRP forward to Android 8.0 AOSP base (Dees_Troy)
- Various other minor bugfixes and tweaks
How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5T
- Make sure you’re having you OnePlus 5T USB drivers installed, download drivers here and of course you’ll be needing a USB cable to connect to your PC.
- Download and extract ADB / Fastboot tool on your desktop, if you already have this then proceed to the next step.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your OnePlus 5T.
- Enable OEM unlock also, to do that go-to device Settings > Developer options and enable OEM unlock.
- Ensure you backup important data proceeding with unlocking because your data will be erased.
- Open command window inside adb and fastboot folder holding shift + Right-click > Open command prompt here.
- Now connect your OnePlus 5T to your PC and type in the following commands.
-adb devices (to ensure your device is connected) -adb reboot bootloader -fastboot oem unlock
After executing the above command, you’ll be greeted with an Unlock Bootloader warning interface, press the volume button to select yes and turn the interface blue and press the power button to execute the selection.
How to Install TWRP on OnePlus 5T
- Download TWRP for OnePlus 5T here
- Copy the recovery.img you downloaded to ADB and fastboot folder
- Run command prompt inside ADB and fastboot folder holding shift + Right-click > open command prompt here
- Now, connect your device to your PC
- Boot device into fastboot mode (You can do that using adb reboot fastboot in the command prompt you’ve opened.
- In fastboot mode, execute the command below.
-fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.0-0-dumpling.img
Now, reboot your device into TWRP recovery holding the down volume key and power button simultaneously. Once the device displays the OnePlus logo, let go of the button and device will boot into TWRP recovery you just installed.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 5T. Enjoy playing with your device.