In a previous article, we shared how you can install Substratum theme engine on any Android smartphone running the latest Google OS 8.0 Oreo. In the article, we mentioned you can also install substratum theme engine on Samsung devices without root but using a different method because the add-on used along on other devices is not supported on Samsung.
So, in this guide, we’ll be taking you through the complete step by step guide to installing Substratum without root. To get Substratum working on your device, you’ll need to install an add-on for Substratum from Playstore (Sungstratum) which cost $1.99. The Sungstratum app allows Substratum Theme Engine installation on Samsung devices.
Also note, installing Substratum and Sungstratum properly on your device you need to be on Android Oreo, the USB Debugging option should be enabled. To enable that, go to your device settings >> developer option and enable USB Debugging.
How to install Substratum theme engine on Samsung devices without root.
- Download and Install substratum app from Google Playstore and Sungstratum app.
- Download a theme which doesn’t require Android System or Theme Ready Google apps. An example is Swift Black on the Play Store.
- Once the theme is installed, a notification should appear on your notification panel letting you know a new theme has been installed. Now open the theme in Substratum.
- Launch Substratum app and click on each app (individually) and then tap the button displaying at the bottom right corner.
- On click of the button from stepI4, you’ll see different options, tap on install after selection and substratum theme engine should start compiling.
- Substratum will now display a prompt asking you to confirm the app installation, select confirm.
- Finally, open the theme you’ve applied in substratum to confirm whether it has themed your device. You’ll see it showing up-to-date on apps already themed. If the theming doesn’t happen, you would need to force close the app or reboot your system.
Follow Techzbyte Now on Facebook and Twitter. Also join in for Latest News, Tech News, Business and lot more.