Instagram has been that social platform where you could make so many moves discreetly. It could be so hard to tell the exact moment another user Follow, unfollow, like or post. Sometimes you just don’t want anybody to know your active status.
Sometimes you go into your DM without feeling the need to reply some messages, this is even easier to do because of your invincible state online.
By now this feature has been rolled out to all users, and to confirm the availability on your account, walk into your DM and right under the names of the users that you converse with is where you will find the activity status. This appears to people you follow or previously messaged.
If a user is actively using Instagram at that moment you will see a label ‘active now’ but if otherwise, it should read ‘active a moment ago’ or ‘active a specific time ago’ if longer.
By default, the feature is turned on, but if you would like to maintain an invincible presence it’s quite simple.
How to hide your last active status on Instagram.
You would not like to reveal how often you visited Instagram, Right? Turning off the ‘last active’ feature is as simple as;
- Go to your profile page and head to the ‘Options’ menu.
- You can get to that on Android by pressing the three vertical buttons in the top right-hand corner.
- Scroll down until you see ‘show activity status’ tap the toggle next to it.
- While on iOS you’ll see a cog icon next to ‘Edit Profile’ that you’ll need to press.
- From here you’ll be able to scroll down to settings where you’ll find a toggle for ‘Show Activity Status’ about halfway down.
- Slide this to off with the panic the situation warrants and your problem is solved.
Note that once you turn off your own activity status you won’t be able to see anyone else’s either, I think that’s fair enough.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE