A few weeks ago, Infinix started to roll out official Android 8.1 Oreo Update for Infinix Note 4 devices and it was later stopped when the company realized the update was so buggy and users had to downgrade to previous Android version to get their devices running again.
One thing I really love about Infinix is the consistency in the Android development(serving upgrades, updates and fixes). In a previous article, we already shared a list of Infinix devices that will be receiving XOS 3.0 update, too bad, not all devices will receive XOS 3.0, but you can always switch to a custom firmware and taste the maximum potentials of your device. Below are the features of the new update and fixes.
Features of The Infinix Note 4 New Oreo Update
- Feature and App update
- Add scrollshot feature.
- Update Palmchat app.
- System optimization
- Optimized System Performance
- Issues fixed
- Fixed stuck on XOS logo screen issue.
- Fixed stuck at setup wizard screen issue.
- Fixed Bluetooth occasionally can’t switch on/off problem.
- Solved some translation mistakes.
- Update GPRS parameter list.
- The screen recorder is not included in this update.
Important things to note before upgrading;
- Make sure your Infinix Note 4 device is not rooted
- Ensure your device battery is at least 75% charged
- Take a backup of your current firmware should in case the need to downgrade your OS version arise if the update contains bugs
- Make sure you have enough data before you click on the download
- Once the above requirements are met, go ahead with the below procedures.
- Go to your phone “settings”
- Scroll down to “about phone”
- Click on it and tap “system update”
- You should see the new update, then select the download and install.
- Relax and wait for the new update to fully install.
After successful installation, your Note 4 will reboot and boot into Android 8 Oreo. Take note, the first booting process might take a few minutes to complete. Also checkout Flagship Tecno Phantom 8 VS Infinix Note 4 Pro: Head To Head Battle