Google pixel 2 launched for around $649 for the 32GB variant, I didn’t bother to inquire the 128GB variant. When the iPhone X launched it was ‘same of the same’. And most recently Xiaomi mi 2 the explorer version came and I was helpless as well. That’s for me, yours might be different but we all have fantasies, yes we all do. Some of which are actually obtainable in real life but you think a lot of sacrifices will be required. There is news for you. Jumia is going to give you that uncommon offer to enjoy from now on. The online store has partnered with Africa’s leading provider of alternate financial services, Afara Partners, to provide flexible payment plans for smartphones of interest and other gadgets at large.
You Don’t Have To Pay All At Once Anymore As Jumia Introduces Jumia Flex
Considering the new tech and improvements that pops up with every new device in the world of technology, this kind of set up might be necessary. Gadgets most especially the ones with a fresh feature a lot their competitors don’t have yet will sell at extremely high figures just like the iPhone and so on.
Don’t you think if the iPhone X were still to relaunch today again, it will still be crazy expensive? It would be costly. Asides the fact that it’s a norm for a ‘still in vogue’ Apple product to be expensive, we have to consider the fact that there are very few or none with the iPhone X’ features including the 3D facial recognition amongst others. So, if you want to have your hands on devices like this but there are some little financial constraints here and there, Jumia flex is here for you. Or I would rather say Jumia flex is here for us.
Jumia flex: A subsidiary of Jumia
Jumia’s partnership with the Afara partners has produced a subsidiary of Jumia called Jumia Flex. With Jumia Flex, you will be getting your dream device after your initial payment which will then be succeeded by some series fixed deposit to be paid monthly.
Presently, there are only 3-month and 6-month payments plan available.
How to get started with Jumia Flex
First off, you have to visit the Jumia official website and get to the Jumia Flex platform to check the list of available gadgets (be it smartphone or laptop).
If you find any gadget of choice, proceed to click the “Apply Now” button below the device to fill the application form. Proceed to fill the application form and a decision on your application will be communicated to you within 72 hours.
What are the Requirements?
On the application form/page, an applicant will be required to submit the following documents:
- Bank Statements from last 6 months (in PDF format).
- Valid means of identification (ID); could be an international passport, drivers license, voters card, or National ID (also in PDF format).
You will also be required to supply the following:
- Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- Monthly Income bracket/range.
- Phone number (associated with BVN).
- Employment status and company/name of employer.
- Applicants signature
Terms and Conditions
There are some set rules you need to note as well:
- A customer/applicant can only apply for one device.
2. Upon acceptance or approval of the application, customers /applicants will be required to pay up the device in person in Lagos, at Jumia Flex’s Experience Centre in Yaba, Lagos.
3. Jumia Flex is currently only available for customers in Lagos
4. No hidden or extra fees or charges. Jumia Flex doesn’t charge for the application. You are only required to pay in instalments for the plan you choose.
Jumia Flex is a relatively new platform and idea and at the moment, the only devices available for purchase in instalments are:
- iPhone X
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- iPhone 6S (Refurbished)
- iPhone 7 (Refurbished)
- MacBook Pro Retina
- MacBook Pro Retina (with Touch Bar)
More products available for instalment payments can be found here