A few days ago, Amir Zaidi who happens to be the developer behind the Rootless Pixel launcher released a new update of the launcher app with really cool features. As we all know, Pixel launcher only comes preloaded on Google’s flagship devices, but thanks to Amir, everyone is now able to use the launcher on any device.
Unlike many other launchers adopting the Pixel look and feels, Rootless Pixel launcher is simple, lightweight, it doesn’t require root and completely free to use.
In the Rootless Pixel Launcher Version 3.6 update, the launcher now supports substratum and OEM theming, theme selection, better positioning of the search bar on notched devices and many other fixes.
The newly added theme selection features give users control over the look and feel of the launcher. In the launcher previous version, by default, the launcher decides your device theme based on the wallpaper you set. But now, users can control what they want. However, if users still find the default style attractive, there’s an automatic option for that in the theme.
- Automatic: Will apply a theme based on the wallpaper
- Default: The default light background theme
- Dark: The dark background theme
- Light: Has a brighter white background in the app drawer than the default, and has dark text to complement it
- Transparent: Based on the dark theme, but makes the app drawer more transparent so you can see more of your wallpaper.
Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6 bug fixes
- Delay workspace loading after a failed shortcut drag by half a second. This fixes a bug where the app drawer would stay half open when very briefly holding a shortcut.
- Add open source licenses preference in about settings category
- Strip empty left page after a setting invoked reload that removes At A Glance
- Import translations for all theme options
- Never scroll the home screen when the app drawer is visible. This fixes a bug where the top left and top right corner could be used to scroll between pages.
- Clean up build.gradle, re-enable AAPT2 and update all dependencies
- Avoid crash when widget previews have no defined size
- Check the correct build version in WallpaperManagerCompat to remove logcat spam
- Bring back long press arrow for search functionality. This can be used to easily unhide apps.
- Reset scroll position when dragging up the app drawer. Fixes a bug where the app drawer was already scrolled if you held the background when closing.
- Reduce drawer opening stutters by only querying enough intents to fill predictions
- Change shortcut icon fallback to match the L3GO widgets icon
- Allow for a statically typed drawable name in the round icon attribute. Fixes some crashes and is able to load more round icons on Lollipop/Marshmallow/Nougat.
- Improve proguard optimization rules by only optimizing constructors. Should slightly improve the performance, but is probably not noticeable.
- Add Cylinder adaptive icon shape to the available icon shape options on Oreo
- Update Greek and Portuguese translations of Squircle
- Disable new app drawer Google Search style on Nougat because of layout bugs
- Disable white circle around icons on Go build
- Disallow interacting with a widget that is being resized
- Check both normalized and non-normalized search input for app search. Should fix the problem where some languages could not find any apps using the search
- function anymore.
- Automatically hide the Google Search style app drawer search bar when the Google App is disabled
- Add max_aspect tag for the transparent navigation bar on OEM ROMs. Fixes the black navigation bar on LG phones.
How To Install Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6 Apk
1. Download Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6 Apk from the given links below. The launcher comes in two variant, aosp (Normal) and l3go (For Android Go). So, download with respect to your device.
2. Once the download is completed, tap on the app icon to install. If you’re installing an app outside Google PlayStore for the first time, you’d be prompted to enable “unknown source”.
3. To enable unknown source, go to device settings, security, scroll until you find the enable “Unknown Sources” Option and enable it.
4. Now, go back and install the app and it should install.
5. Once launcher 3 app is installed, press the home button and your device should prompt you to set a default launcher. However, this is not the same on all devices. You can press the home button on some devices and it’ll take you to your homescreen.
In this regard, goto your device settings, select the home option or default app option and set launcher 3 as default.
Viola!, you’ve now installed Rootless Pixel Launcher 3.6 Apk on your device. Now, you can play with the app preferences and set it according to your taste.