I guess some of you guys have always wanted to try the Samsung Galaxy J3 custom ROM on your Tecno Y2 with MT6572, 4.4.2 Kikat kernel. Well, you can now have that Samsung experience on your Y2, all thanks to Samuel Osas who has been providing custom ROM for Tecno y2. According to Samuel, this rom is seriously off the hook when playing games that requires a large amount o ram memory e.g 1GB.
We all know Tecno Y2 comes with 512 MB of ram memory which is pretty low to handle most modern day games but, do not worry, with the Samsung Galaxy J3 custom ROM for Tecno Y2, you’ll have that same smoothly s a 1GB ram device. No more lags or crashes.
Features of Samsung Galaxy J3 Custom ROM
The rom includes all the Samsung Galaxy J3 default features including:
- Samsung launcher
- Samsung apps
- Samsung UI
- Custom Flip font e.t.c
- Performance Boost
- Reduced bloatware
- Battery boost and lots more
Device name: Tecno Device model: Y2 Device chipset: MediaTek - MT6572 Device Kernel: 3.4.67
ROM: Samsung Galaxy J3 Gamer ROM OS version: 5.1.1
How to Install Galaxy J3 custom ROM for Tecno Y2
- First off, make sure you have a custom recovery installed. Download TWRP for Tecno Y2.
- Download Galaxy J3 custom ROM from the below link
- Copy the downloaded ROM to the root of your SD card
- Now, power off your device and boot into TWRP recovery holding your power button and down volume button simultaneously.
- In TWRP recovery, goto the wipe section, click advanced and wipe the following: Dalvik cache, cache, data and system.
- Now return to TWRP main menu and tap install.
- Locate the ROM zip file you downloaded and tap on it to install.
- Follow the on-screen prompt start the flash rocess
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your device.
Note: First boot normally would take 5-10 minute to complete, so you can just tune to Cartoon network for it to boot up.
That’s it, now you’ve successfully installed Samsung Galaxy J3 custom ROM for Tecno Y2. If Tecno Y6 users would love to try this rom too, tell us in the comment.
- Man Pabl (for porting)
- Samuel Osas (for sharing)
- And all other devs who made the ROM possible for MT6572
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE