Back in the month of September, Infinix promised it’ll start rolling Android Pie update starting October with the Smart 2 device which launched a few months ago. The company failed to roll out Android Pie update in October and didn’t make any announcement in November as well. A few days ago, the company took to their Facebook page to announce the official release date of Android 9 Pie for Infinix Smart 2.
What’s To Expect In Android 9.0 Pie Update For Infinix Smart 2
XOS 4.0 HonneyBee – Infinix announced XOS 4.0 weeks ago, it’s the latest customized OS which will replace the XOS 3.3 Hummingbird OS. XOS 4.0 which is tagged HoneyBee is expected to appear on the Smart 2. It makes sense since the XOS 4.0 was announced before Android Pie release date for Smart 2, so we’re expecting to see this new customized OS.
More important features
- App Actions
- Digital Wellbeing
- Gesture Navigation
- Adaptive Battery
- Dark Mode
- App Timer
- Adaptive Brightness
- Accessibility Menu
- Easier Text Selection
- New Screenshot Shortcut
- A New Home Button
- New Gesture Navigation
- Easier Screen Rotation
- Notification Details
- Indoor Navigation via Wi-Fi RTT
- An Improved DND Mode
- Lockdown Mode
- An Improved Message App
- Wind Down
- Wi-Fi MAC Randomization
- Multiple Camera Support
- 157 New Emojis
- ART Improvements
- The Media Panel
- All Apps use HTTPS
Things to know
Android Pie update for Infinix Smart 2 is exclusive to those running 2GB RAM, there’s no announcement regarding the 1GB RAM Smart 2 yet. Also, this update is in batches and not all 2GB RAM Smart 2 users will get this update the same day.
If your device is rooted, make sure you unroot before installing the new Android 9.0 Pie otherwise, you’ll brick your device.
Your phone should be charged above 50% before making attempt to install the new OS so that your device doesn’t go dead during the upgrade process. If that happens, your device will land in a brick state and would need flashing of the stock OS to boot again.
without further ado, let’s see how to install Android 9 Pie for Infinix Smart 2.
How to update your Infinix Smart 2 to Android 9.0 Pie
- Go to your phone settings and scroll down to the system option
- In your system settings, tap on software update
- You’ll get another screen to choose how to get an update, whether local update or online update
- Tap on online update and tap continue to skip downloading via wifi if you’re using mobile data to download
- On the next page, tap on check for update and wait for your device to check for the latest OS update.
- If your system brings a new OS update, hit the download button and wait until the download is complete and if you did not get any new update, you’ll have to wait a few days.
- Once, you’ve downloaded the new OS update, make sure your device is above 50% battery before you proceed to install the new OS.
- Tap the install button and the OS upgrade will begin
- Wait till the OS upgrade is complete. You don’t need to do anything at this point, everything will be done automatically
- Once the OS upgrade has completed, your device will boot into Android 9.0 Pie
That’s it, you’ve successfully upgraded your Infinix Smart 2 to Android 9.0 Pie.
Lastly, Infinix Smart 2 users with 1GB RAM should chill, hopefully, you’ll get Pie in coming weeks/months. However, you can always use a custom ROM and experience Pie before the official release. Subscribe to our email alert and get notification on new OS update (Stock/Custom) for Infinix Smart 2.