Are you searching for Infinix Hot 5 firmware to download? Then, you’ve just landed on the right page. In this post, we’ll be sharing the Infinix Hot 5 Oreo firmware and how to upgrade your Infinix Hot 5 to Oreo.
A lot of you guys have been expecting Android Oreo update for a while on Hot 5 device and now you finally have the chance to try out the new Android Oreo OS. Android 8.1.0 Oreo is the most recent Oreo OS and it comes with Infinix’s own customized OS (Hummingbird 3.3.0) on Hot 5.
With the latest Infinix Hot 5 Oreo firmware, you can upgrade your Hot 5 device and have a taste of the Oreo experience.
Before the release of this update, Infinix already made it clear why it didn’t release the Oreo update for Hot 5 users. According to the company, the Infinix Hot 5 isn’t fully compatible with Oreo and although they tested Oreo on the Hot 5, it resulted in slow performance and rapid battery drain.
However, the company was able to make a final stable version but unfortunately, the update was only possible for users with X559C Hot 5 build. So, if you’re not using this version of Infinix Hot 5, you probably shouldn’t attempt to flash this update as it may result in a soft or hardbrick.
Why you need Infinix Hot 5 firmware
There are several reason why you need the Infinix Hot 5 x559c firmware update for your device;
- To upgrade your device to Android Oreo OS
- To fix a bricked device or repair a faulty aspect of the OS
- To get Infinix’s latest Hummingbird XOS 3.3.0
- For moditification purposes (rooting and customizing your device) etc.
Infinix Hot 5 Oreo Features
- Split-screen for apps
- Password Autofill
- Notification Channels
- Snooze Notifications
- Notification Dots
- New Emoji Styling
- Smart Text Selection
- Auto-Enable Wi-Fi
- Eye care
- And lots more…
Note: This firmware is not an OTA firmware, which means you will lose all your files and data on installing, so you need to back up all files and data to your PC (preferably) before flashing this update. Most importantly, only try this update on Infinix devices with build number starting from X559C.
Things you need to flash Infinix x559c Oreo firmware:
- A PC/Laptop
- Latest SPFlash Tool
- Vcom drivers
- A USB Cable
- Infinix Hot 5 Oreo firmware
If you’re new to flashing firmware, you should read how to setup/install USB Vcom drivers for sp flash tools.
How to install Infinix Hot 5 Oreo Firmware
- First off, download Infinix x559c firmware from the given link below
- Extract the firmware to a folder on your PC
- Also, download the latest sp flash tool from here
- Now, extract sp flash tool and launch the app
- Once the spflash tool is running, click the browse icon to select Hot 5 scatter file and click ok
- SPFlash tool will load all the required files to be flashed, now click the download button and power off your device
- Now, connect your device via USB cable without pressing any button
- SP FLash tool will detect your device if your Vcom drivers are properly installed and begin flashing
- Wait for the download process to complete and make sure nothing interrupts the process
- Once you get a done message, disconnect your device and power it up. First boot will take a while, don’t panic
After successfully flashing the Infinix Hot 5 Oreo firmware, your device will now boot into the Android 8.1.0 with Infinix’s XOS.
Infinix Hot 5 X559C Firmware Download
Some of you guys may not get a clear picture on the flashing process I have stated, I’m sorry it’s not fully explained but don’t worry I have already written a detailed guide on how to flash and upgrade any Android device using a flash tool, check it out.