Good new to Infinix Hot 5 users, I know a lot of you guys have been expecting Oreo update for a while and now you finally have the chance to try out the new Android Oreo OS. Android 8.1.0 Oreo is the most recent Oreo OS and it comes with Infinix’s own customized OS (Hummingbird 3.3.0) on Hot 5.
Before the release of this update, Infinix already made it clear why it didn’t release the Oreo update for Hot 5 users. According to the company, the Infinix Hot 5 isn’t fully compatible with Oreo and although they tested Oreo on the Hot 5, it resulted in slow performance and rapid battery drain.
However, the company was able to make a final stable version but unfortunately, the update is strictly available for Hot 5 users with build number starting with X559C. So, if you’re not using this version of Infinix Hot 5, you probably shouldn’t attempt to flash this update.
Infinix Hot 5 Oreo Features
- Split-screen for apps
- Password Autofill
- Notification Channels
- Snooze Notifications
- Notification Dots
- New Emoji Styling
- Smart Text Selection
- Auto-Enable Wi-Fi
- And lots more…
Note: This firmware is not an OTA firmware, which means you will lose all your files and data on installing, so you need to back up all files and data to your PC (preferably) before flashing this update. Most importantly, only try this update on Infinix devices with build number starting from X559C.
Things you need:
- A PC/Laptop
- Latest SPFlash Tool
- Vcom drivers
- A USB Cable
- Infinix Hot 5 Oreo firmware
If you’re new to flashing firmware, you should read how to setup/install USB Vcom drivers for sp flash tools.
How to install Android 8.1.0 Oreo Firmware for Infinix Hot 5
- Download Oreo firmware for Infinix Hot 5 from the given link below
- Extract the firmware to a folder on your PC
- Also, download the latest sp flash tool from here
- Now, extract sp flash tool and launch the app
- Once the spflash tool is running, click the browse icon to select Hot 5 scatter file and click ok
- SPFlash tool will load all the required files to be flashed, now click the download button and power off your device
- Now, connect your device via USB cable without pressing any button
- SP FLash tool will detect your device if your Vcom drivers are properly installed and begin flashing
- Wait for the download process to complete and make sure nothing interrupts the process
- Once you get a done message, disconnect your device and power it up. First boot will take a while, don’t panic
That’s it, your device should now boot into the Android 8.1.0 with Infinix’s XOS.
Android 8.1.0 For Hot 5 X559C
Some of you guys may not get a clear picture on the flashing process I have stated, I’m sorry it’s not fully explained but don’t worry I have already written a detailed guide on how to flash and upgrade any Android device using a flash tool, check it out.