TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery for Tecno i3 with MediaTek MT6737 Nougat Kernel. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source custom recovery image for Android devices. Tecno i3 users running the Android Nougat OS can now install and use the TWRP custom recovery on their devices. The recovery provides full touchscreen interface that allows users to install custom ROM, backup the current system, rooting your device, install supersu and many features.
What’s New in TWRP 3.2.1:
- minui fixes (cryptomilk)
- Better android-8.0 compatibility in ROM trees (Dees_Troy)
- Fix missing library in android-8.0 (nkk71)
- Fix inconsistent SDCard naming (DevUt)
- Default to TWRP restore instead of adb backup restore to fix restore on fresh TWRP boot (jlask)
- Adb Restoring
- Gzip Backup in Adb
- Latest fstab supported
- Ui Fixed
- Missing library Fixed
- Inconsistent Sdcard Naming Fixed
- And Some Minor Bugs Fixed
None, everything works
Name: Team Win Recovery Project Device: Tecno i3 Version: TWRP 220.127.116.11 Language: Multi-Language Status: Stable
Device name: Tecno Device Model: i3 Device stock OS: Nougat 7.0 Device Chipset: MT6737 Device kernel: 3.18.35+ Device architechure: arm64 (64bit)
How to install TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery for Tecno i3
- Download TWRP for Tecno i3 from given link below
- Copy the downloaded recovery to your PC if your device is not root but if it is rooted, install rashr flash tool from Google’s play store and use it to flash the recovery.img
- Or download Tecno i3 scatter file from Hovatek
- Copy the scatter file and recovery.img to the same folder then launch spflash tool.
- Load the scatter file in spflash tool then power off your device.
- Hit the download button on spflash tool and connect your device.
- If everything is fine, the flashing process should begin immediately or in a few seconds.
- Once the flashing is done, you’ll see a green mark on screen which means done.
- Now, disconnect your device and boot into recovery using the power and up volume key.
- Your device will now boot into twrp recovery.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery for Tecno i3. If you have any difficulties using spflash tool, read how to flash stock ROMs and recoveries using smartphone flash tools to install. Or check my previous post to flash custom recovery for Tecno i3 using ADB.
- Mudasiru Adewale (porting to Tecno i3) - Team Win - Romprovider for the recovery