Whether you’re a PC or Mac user, you should understand the importance of having a system backup. Creating backup is a good practice for both PC and Mac users, it helps you keeps your personal file and data safe if at any point your PC or Mac breaks down. Although there are data recovery software which can be used to recover your lost file if you already have a backup, you can just save your self the stress of trying to recover your files and data which you might not get 100% back. In any case, AOMEI Backupper might just be what you need.
- Check out my review of EaseUS data recovery software for Mac.
AOMEI Backupper is a free backup software which offers great backup features and options to Windows users. This software gives you the option of backing up your entire system which includes Windows boot files, your apps, settings, and everything other files or data Windows is required to run to another hard drive. You can also backup disk, partition, files and folder, and file sync.
All backups created are save in an image file format, and this makes your files and data even more secure. You can as well schedule the backup process and save your self the time of having to run the software again and again whenever you feel the need to make a backup. Simply choose a backup schedule and let the software handle the rest.
AOMEI Backupper also comes with other backup scheduling options like;
- Event-triggered Schedule Backups: This option lets users automatically perform a backup process based on their logon & logoff and system startup & shutdown.
- Incremental & Differential Backups: With this option, users don’t need to go through the backup process from scratch, the backup only occurs when their’s a change in your files or data. It backs up your recent files and data to existing backups, saving you time.
- Backup Scheme: This scheme automatically deletes old backup images based on the time frame you have assigned to save space on your hard drive to create a new one.
- Command Line Backup: If you’re familiar with command line instructions, you can as well create backups using command prompt or using a batch (.bat) file for unattended processing.
- Hot Backup: This simply let users create backup images without closing running programs/application and restarting the computer.
All backups can be saved to internal or an external drive, CD/DVDs, cloud drive and even to a network attached storage (NAS). Or, if you think that’s not enough, you can go ahead to cloning your disk, partition, and system to another hard drive if you want. Whichever option you go for, your files and data will be backed up/migrated.
Just like the backup options, you also get different restores options, you can either choose to restore the whole backup, partition, disk, and files or you restore individual files and data to save time and energy. You will also find a Dissimilar Hardware Restore option which is really great, lets say your PC gets damaged beyond repair or you simply want to change it, with this option, you can easily restore a backup image created on your computer to another/new computer with dissimilar hardware, or migrate system from physical to virtual (P2V) machine.
All these options are what you’re looking for in a good system backup software. I didn’t get to try the standard version but the professional version does it says and does it well.
Although the AOMEI Backupper software renders a cool interface, it might look somewhat complicated for beginners, although the company has added a tutorial option in the menu where users can read through every single option in the software to understand how it works and how to use it.
AOMEI Backup offers extra useful utility such as;
- PXE Boot Tool
- Create Bootable Rescue Media
- Merge Backup Images
- Check and Explore Images
- Encrypt and Compress Images
- Comment and Edit Backups
- Split and Delete Backups
- Export/Import Tasks and Logs Management
- Email Notifications and VSS
All this you’ll get for a sum of $49.95 which is pretty cool and you also get lifetime support. The software supports several file system, disk, and storage and it can be installed on Windows 10 PCs/laptops down to Windows XP.
AOMEI Backupper Pro is undoubtedly the best backup software in the market and it performs backups and restore process fast. You’ll get a 30-day trial on installation, so you can play around before opting for the professional version if the need be.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE