In this guide, you’ll learn how to enable grid recent apps view on Android Oreo.
The Android operating system has seen significant changes overs the years, with new Android versions comes new UI tweak and improvements and the Android 9 which is the latest Android OS has it all. Talk about look, Android 9 offers a nice UI and UX experience along with performance tweaks.
Recent Apps happens to be one of the most noticeable changes in Android OS, It has taken different forms and style. With Android 7, grid recent apps became a thing in the Android community, unlike the usual vertical recents which we’ve been used to in Android 4.2 Jelly bean which later got a redesign in Lollipop and Marshmallow, grid recent apps lets you quickly switch apps faster.
The grid recent app, however, wasn’t launched with the stock Android N, it was only possible by tweaking the device or installing custom ROMs that uses the features. Many people fancy this grib recent apps and prefer it over the stock vertical view.
So, for those who want to enabled this feature on their Oreo devices, simply follow the simple steps below.
How To Enable Grid Recent Apps On Android Oreo
Disclaimer: Make use you have a backup of your files and data before flashing any file or mod on this page as this site or its author will not be responsible if you brick your device in the process.
Note: This Magisk modules was tested on Tecno Pouvoir 2 running on Android 8.1 Oreo. it was also tested on Infinix Note 4 with Android 8.0 Oreo by Trainerstechs. This module also works on Android 7 devices.
- launch Magisk manager and go to download.
- In the download windows, Search for Grid Recent for AOSP using the search bar.
- Once your get the Grid recent for AOSP, click on it and select install.
- Magisk will automatically install the module.
- Once installation is complete, reboot your devices.
Now, once your device boots up, open a few apps and check your recent screen. That’s it, you’ve successfully change your recent app screen to grid app.
Your recent app screen should now look like…
If you’re unable to find the grid recent module in Magisk manager download section, simply use the second method below.
- Download Grid Recent for AOSP zip file from here
- Launch Magisk manager and go to “Modules”
- Tap no (+) symbol menu and locate where you saved the downloaded Grid Recent for AOSP zip file.
- Select the file and Magisk will automatically flash it to your device.
- Reboot your phone.
That’s it, you should now have the grid recent view when you open up your recent app menu.
Read also: How to install Android 9 Pie on Windows PC
If you find this guide helpful, simply use the share button below and don’t forget to subscribe for more cool tweaks like this.