Good news to Tecno LA7 users, now you can upgrade your LA7 to Android 9.0 Pie. If you’ve been searching for Android 9.0 Pie custom for Tecno LA7, then you’ve landed on the right page. On this page you’ll find AOSP Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Tecno Pouvoir 2 (LA7) with MediaTek MT6739, Kernel 4.4.94+ running Android 8.1.0 and the step by step guide on how to install the ROM.
AOSP Pie custom ROM mimics Google’s stock Android Pie OS. AOSP ROM doesn’t include many customization features like RR ROM and many others, it’s basically an AOSP ROM with little theme options to make your device look cool on the interface. This ROM was not ported nor built by me, it simply a GSI ROM that can be installed on any Treble enabled Android smartphone. All credits goes to Phusson, the developer behind AOSP ROM.
AOSP Pie custom ROM comes bloatware free, it’s fast, smooth and uses the battery well. It contains all the major features in Android 9.0 and the best custom ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 2 at the moment.
AOSP Android Pie Features
AOSP ROM comes with all the feature you’d expect to find a Google’s stock OS, you’ll get almost the same pixel experience on your Tecno Pouvoir 2 device.
- Mobile Data
- Fingerprint Reader
- HW Buttons
- Alert Slider and Gestures
- Sound / Vibration
- And lots more…
- Hotspot (To share hotspot connection with PC, install Pdanet app)
Device name: Tecno Pouvoir 2 Device model: LA7 Device Stock OS: 8.1.0 Oreo Device chipset: MT6739 Device Kernel: 4.4.94+ Device bootloader: Unlocked
ROM name: AOSP ROM OS version: Android 9.0 Pie SDK Version: 27 Status: Stable Current Stable Version: Unofficial Supported Language: Multi-Language Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
Disclaimer: Before you proceed to installing Tecno LA7 Android Pie custom ROM, make sure you take a nandoid backup (nvdata and IMEI are very important). This site or its author will not be responsible if you damage your device in the process of flashing a custom rom.
How to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Tecno Pouvoir 2
You can install GSI Android ROMs with two simple methods which will be explained below. Please read the disclaimer notice before installing this ROM
Method 1 – Using TWRP
- Download AOSP GSI ROM from the below link
- Copy the downloaded GSI file to the root of your SD, if the ROM is in zip or rar format, simply extract it to get the img file
- Extract the Vendor Mod to a folder (we’ll be using it at the end of the installation)
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery
- In TWRP perform a factory reset, or siply use the advance option to wipe the cache and data partition.
- Then tap of the install button, select the install image button on the next screen
- Select the ROM img file and select the system partition in which you want to install the ROM on the next screen.
- The installation process will begin, so sit back while it installs.
- Once installation is complete, reboot.
Method 2 – Using ADB (Works for non root users too)
- Download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom rom for Tecno Pouvoir 2 and the Vendor patch.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to your adb and fastboot folder
- Now, perform a factory reset either from your device settings or using your stock recovery if not rooted.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode
- In fastboot mode, enter the following command; fastboot erase system
- Then flash the ROM using the command fastboot flash system name_of_system.img.
- Once installation is complete, don’t reboot, also restore the vendor file as explained in the first method.
- That’s it you’ve successfully installed Android Pie Custom ROM on your device, reboot
Note: The first boot takes 5-10minutes to complete, so, take a walk or do something during the boot process. Once booting is complete, you’ll get a welcome screen and then proceed with the device setup.
If you’re finding it difficult to install AOSP Android 9.0 custom ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 2, simply use the comment system below and I’ll get back you asap!.
How to fix device not certified after installing AOSP ROM on Tecno LA7
- Find your device’s GSF Device-ID. You can find that by installing Device ID apk, download the application here.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the app, open the app and copy Google Service Framework (GSF) code.
- Now go to this webpage.
- Paste your GSF Device-ID in the “Android ID” box and tap “Register”.
- Your registered ID should appear on the page, reboot you device and you should now be able to sign-in to Google play store and use gapps.
Should in case you brick your device, you can use the Tecno Pouvoir 2 (LA7) Factory Signed Firmware to restore it.
ElDainosor phhusson Letzen krule031 ezio84 Mudasiru Adewale (for testing and sharing)