AOSP Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Tecno Camon iSky2 with MediaTek MT6739, Kernel 4.4.94+ running Android 8.1.0. AOSP is an Android custom ROM that primarily aims to bring useful tweaks to Google’s Android Pie AOSP.
AOSP Pie custom ROM mimics Google’s stock Android Pie OS. AOSP ROM doesn’t include many customization features like RR ROM and many others, it’s basically an AOSP ROM with little theme options to make your device look cool on the interface. This ROM was not ported nor built by me, it simply a GSI ROM that can be installed on any Treble enabled Android smartphone. Full Credits to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson who is the great man behind the work of Project Treble GSI build
AOSP Pie custom ROM comes bloatware free, it’s fast, smooth and use sthe battery well. It contains all the major features in Android 9.0 and the best custom ROM for Tecno Camon iSky2 at the moment.
AOSP Android Pie Features
AOSP ROM comes with all the feature you’d expect to find a Google’s stock OS, you’ll get almost the same pixel experience on your Tecno Camon iSky2 device.
- Mobile Data
- Fingerprint Reader
- HW Buttons
- Alert Slider and Gestures
- Sound / Vibration
- And lots more…
- Hotspot (To share hotspot connection with PC, install Pdanet app)
Device name: Tecno Camon iSky2 Device model: Tecno IN1 Pro Device Stock OS: 8.1.0 Oreo Device chipset: MT6739 Device Kernel: 4.4.94+ Device architecture: 32bit Device bootloader: Unlocked
ROM name: AOSP ROM OS version: Android 9.0_r37 SDK Version: 27 Status: Stable Security patch level: May Current Stable Version: Unofficial Supported Language: Multi-Language Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
Disclaimer: Before you proceed to installing Tecno IN1 Pro Android Pie custom ROM, make sure you take a nandoid backup (nvdata and IMEI are very important). This site or its author will not be responsible if you damage your device in the process of flashing a custom rom.
How to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie custom Rom for Tecno Camon iSky2
You can install GSI Android ROMs with two simple methods which will be explained below. Please read the disclaimer notice before installing this Android Pie ROM for Tecno Camon iSky2
Method 1 – Using TWRP
- Download AOSP Android Pie GSI ROM for Tecno IN1 Pro from the link below.
- Copy the downloaded GSI file to the root of your SD, if the ROM is in zip or rar format, simply extract it to get the img file
- Now boot your device into TWRP recovery
- In TWRP perform a factory reset, or siply use the advance option to wipe the cache and data partition.
- Then tap of the install button, select the install image button on the next screen
- Select the ROM img file and select the system partition in which you want to install the ROM on the next screen.
- The installation process will begin, so sit back while it installs.
- Once installation is complete, reboot.
Method 2 – Using ADB (Works for non root users too)
- Download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom rom for Tecno Camon iSky2.
- Copy the downloaded ROM to your adb and fastboot folder
- Now, perform a factory reset either from your device settings or using your stock recovery if not rooted.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode
- In fastboot mode, enter the following command; fastboot erase system
- Then flash the ROM using the command fastboot flash system name_of_system.img.
- Once installation is complete, reboot.
That’s it you’ve successfully installed Android Pie Custom ROM on your Tecno IN1 Pro device, reboot
Note: The first boot takes 5-10 minutes to complete, so, take a walk or do something during the boot process. Once booting is complete, you’ll get a welcome screen and then proceed with the device setup.
How to fix device not certified after installing AOSP ROM on Tecno Camon iSky2
- Find your device’s GSF Device-ID. You can find that by installing Device ID apk, download the application here.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the app, open the app and copy Google Service Framework (GSF) code.
- Now go to this webpage.
- Paste your GSF Device-ID in the “Android ID” box and tap “Register”.
- Your registered ID should appear on the page, reboot you device and you should now be able to sign-in to Google play store and use gapps.
If you’re finding it difficult to install AOSP Android 9.0 custom ROM for Tecno Camon iSky2, simply use the comment system below and I’ll get back you asap!.
phhusson (Owner) Jackson Makinda (device maintainer) ElDainosor Raka Nurdin Letzen krule031 ezio84 Mudasiru Adewale (for sharing)