The Facebook-owned photo and video social media, Instagram have just launched one of the most anticipated features, “Data saving mode“, and will be available to all Android users rolling out to iPhone users.
The new Instagram Data saving mode feature will help reduce the amount of data consumption while using the platform. Although the feature is primarily targeted at countries with a slow internet connection, it will be very useful for my fellow Nigerians😊.
How Instagram Data Saver Feature Works:
The new Instagram Data saving feature works same way you can already use the data saver feature on Facebook and WhatsApp. By default, Instagram preloads videos so they start faster whenever possible. Turning on the data saver mode will help reduce the amount of cellular data the Instagram app uses by disabling autoplay/preload videos over cellular connections.
With the data saver turned ON, users will have more controls over the media they’ll love to view on the app.
How to Activate Data Saving Mode on Instagram
To activate the data saver mode on Instagram is pretty simple and straight forward, simply follow the steps below to make your Instagram app use less data;
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the three dashes at the top right corner of your profile
- Tap Settings, then
- Tap Account
- In the account menu, you’ll see “Cellular Data Use, ” tap on it.
- Next toggle the “Use Less Data” option.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll get additional options to choose when you Instagram should automatically show you High-resolution media on your Android device.
This set when Instagram shows you high resolution media;
If you have data saver enabled and would like to set how you want high-resolution media delivered to you, simply choose any of the following options;
- Never: Instagram will never you show you high-resolution media.
- WiFi Only: Instagram will only show you high-resolution media if your device is connected to WiFi.
- Cellular + WiFi: Instagram will show you high-resolution media when your device is connected to either cellular data or WiFi.
So what do you think about the new Instagram data saving feature? tell us in the comment section below.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE