Is your mobile data zapping? you bought a monthly internet data bundle and it doesn’t even last a week, or maybe it get used up in just a day or two. We all know how frustrating that can be not having an internet data bundle. So, in this post we’ll be discussing how to make your mobile data last longer.
Nowadays, users complain a lot about how their mobile data disappears quickly even without downloading anything from the internet… and then you keep asking yourself why.
lets say you subscribed for 3.5GB data for N2,500 on MTN and within 24hours, its all gone, this gives you the impression that it a daylight data robbery which of course it feels like, however, you can manage this mobile data and use it for a longer period.
Without further ado, let’s take you through how you can effectively manage your mobile data to last longer.
How to make your mobile data last longer
We all know popular social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat etc consumes a reasonable amount of mobile data and contributes to the quick zapping of data. However, you can control how this apps uses your mobile data and save more data. Below are some tips to make your mobile data last longer.
Tips to make your mobile data last longer
1. Turn off Facebook Auto-play:
To minimize your Facebook data usage, you can simply disable auto play and also reduce the quality of uploads. To achieve this, simply;
- Go to your Facebook option settings
- Under the App Settings, scroll down to find “media and contact” settings
- Under media and contact general settings, toggle the following options to off (upload videos in HD, upload photos in HD)
- Disable auto play for Videos.
- Lastly, activate the “Data Saver” option (optional)
2. Disbale Auto download in WhatsApp Messenger
Reduce your WhatsApp data usage by disabling the following options
- Navigate to the “settings” in your WhatsApp App
- Click on “Data and Storage Usage”
- Select Media Auto Download option
- Deselect all options under “When Using Mobile Data”
- You can also enable low data usage for WhatsApp Calls.
3. Instagram – Activate Use less Data:
Instagram recently introduced a data-saving feature, “use less data,” you can activate this option as follows;
- Open Instagram options
- Go to Settings
- Select Cellular Data Use
- Then tick Use Less Data.
4.Twitter – Deactivate Auto Play:
Like Facebook, Twitter also uses an auto play feature, you can disable this option to save more mobile data. To do this;
- Go to your Twitter Profile icon.
- Click on Settings and Privacy
- Select Data Usage
- Set Video Autoplay to Never
Similar to Instagram, Snapchat is one of the most data consuming social media app. You can reduce Snapchats data consumption by;
- Go to Snapchat Settings
- Click on “Manage” under “Additional Services”
- Tick the “Travel Mode” box
6. YouTube – Limit mobile data usage:
Save more data while using Youtube mobie app. You can limit mobile data usage on Youtube with the followoing steps
- Open the YouTube App
- Tap on the profile icon at the top right corner
- Select Settings
- Click on General
- Turn on “Limit Mobile Data Usage”
7. Playstore – Update Apps on Wi-fi Only:
- Go to the Google Play store
- Click on Menu & go to Settings
- Click on Auto-update apps.
- Select “Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only”.
- You also have the .option to choose “Do not auto-update apps“.
Bonus tip: You can as well activate data saver option if it comes as a built-in option in your device.
With the above tips, you can save more mobile data and enjoy surfing the internet more. if you find this post helpful, kindly use the share button. Cheers