If you’re still searching for how to share data on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile in 2019, then you’ve just landed on the right page. Data sharing or data gifting is one of the best thing that has happened in the Nigerian telecommunication space, allowing subscribers to share the internet data with friends and family. While this has been very useful to many users, some users are still in the shadows and don’t know how to share data on their network.
In this article I’ll be explaining the steps on how to share data on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile. Sharing data or gifting data is cool, however, there’s a limit to which you can share data on each networks. Read on to find out more.
How to Share Data on MTN
There are two methods involved in sharing your mobile data on MTN, the first is data gifting and the second is data share.
For data gifting, users can only send a maximum of 100MB to any MTN number (families or friends). To gift data on MTN simply follow the simple guide below;
How to gift data on MTN
1. First off, dial *123*3#, then reply with 7.
2. On the next screen, you’ll get a list of options to choose from.
- Transfer data from your data balance
- Buy for a friend or
- Request data from a friend.
3. Select from any of the three option and enter your friend’s MTN number.
4. Next, select the amount of data you would like to share with the friend.
Note: You can only transfer data two times every day and the highest amount of data that you can transfer is 200MB.
The Second Method (Data Share)
Unlike the first method which is pretty and straight forward, the second method of sahring data on MTN requires you to do a little registration. Here’s how it’s done.
1. First off, register for MTN Data Share by dialing *131*2*1# or send REG to to 131 via SMS (You will receive a unique security PIN for the registration).
2. Now, you want to add beneficiaries to your MTN Data Share Account by dialing *131*2*3# (You can add upto 5 beneficiaries).
3. Once you have added beneficiaries, you’ll now be able to share your internet data bundle among your beneficiaries by sending the keyword Share to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*4#.
4. If for any reason you want to change your security PIN, simply dial *131*2*5# or send a message CHANGE with your old pin and your new pin in the format below to 131.
CHANGE 8888 9999 – where “8888” is your old PIN and “9999” is your new Pin.
That’s it on how to share data on MTN.
How to Share Data on Airtel NG
Sharing data on Airtel is also simple, while other ISP’s lets you share data in Megabytes, Airtel lets subscribers share data in GIGs too.
Like MTN, Airtel data share service consists two ways, using Me2u and Data gifting.
Airtel Me2U data share
Me2U data share option alllows you to share from your existing data to any Airtel number and you can only share a maximum of 200MB per day.: sending a bundle from your currently active bundle
Data Gifting (buy data bundle for another line)
The data gifting option allows subscribers to buy data bundle for another Airtel line. You can buy 7GB or more depending on how much data you want to gift.
Steps to share data on Airtel
- Dial *141# and then select 5 for data gifting and sharing.
- On the next screen you’ll get two options, Data Gifting and Data Me2U.
- Select any of the options and follow the on screen prompt to finish
Note: Default PIN is 1234
Sharing data on Airtel is has simple as that.
How to Share Data on 9mobile
Sharing data on 9mobile seems to be the easiest of all. To share data on 9mobile, simply dial the USSD *229*PIN*amount of data (MB)*9Mobile Number#. See example below.
To share 50MB of data;
Note: Default PIN is 0000
To change your data transfer default Pin, simply dial *247*Old PIN*New PIN#.
That’s how to share data on 9Mobile.
How to Share Data on Glo
Unlike every other ISP’s, Glo data sharing is simply the best and why’s that? Instead of sharing a particular amount of data with your friends and family, Glo let’s you add the number to use your data for as long as you want. Meaning, once you’ve added a beneficiary to share your data with, whenever you’re on subscription, your beneficiary(ies) is able to use to data even when you’re not using it and when you don’t have an active data, your beneficiary also won’t be able to browser unless he/she buys a data bundle.
To share your data plan on Glo, all you need to do is add the number to use your data plan using the steps below;
- Dial *127*01*GLO number#
To stop sharing data;
- Dial *127*02*GLO number#
To share: dial *127*01*08055556666#
To stop sharing: dial *127*02*08055556666#
That’s everything about sharing data on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile. If you find this guide useful, don’t forget to share. Cheers