Facebook has just announced Facebook Pay, a new payment service that ties into all of the things under the FB umbrella — Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook.
Facebook Pay makes it easier to shop, donate and send money to each other on the same platform. Facebook Pay supports most major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal.
Payments are processed in partnership with companies like PayPal, Stripe and payment systems around the world. Facebook Pay at the moment is exclusive to the US and we don’t know when it will roll out globally.
Note: that this is different from Calibra wallet, used to handle Facebook Cryptocurrency Libra.
With Facebook Pay you can:
- Add your preferred payment method once then use Facebook Pay where available to make payments and purchases on our apps, instead of having to re-enter your payment information each time
- Set up Facebook Pay app-by-app, or choose to set it up for use across apps (where available)
- View payment history, manage payment methods and update your settings in one place
- Get real-time customer support via live chat in the US (and in more places around the world in the future)
- Clearly understand which payment services are part of Facebook
How Facebook Pay Works
You can start using Facebook Pay on Facebook or Messenger with just a few taps:
- Go to “Settings” > “Facebook Pay” on the Facebook app or website
- Add a payment method
- The next time you make a payment, use Facebook Pay
- It is rolling out first to Facebook/Messenger before WhatsApp and Instagram
This might eventually become the best PayPal alternative once it goes global. You can check out more information on pay.facebook.com
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE