In December 2018, we saw the launch of OYI-1 Beeptool smartphone, a very affordable smartphone targeted at Nigerian earning below the minimum wage. OYI-1 was scheduled to reach local and online retail store six month after launch but until this very moment we haven’t seen a live OYI-1 smartphone to review.
It worth mentioning that in June 2019 Beeptool company annouced the availablity of the OYI-1 smartphone but due to some settlement with some agencies, the phone can’t be distributed just yet.
Now we have another afordable smartphone in town for Nigerians, the Zzapo mobile. Zzapo phone is an Android smartphone by an Ultimate Online Shopping Site Zzapo. The phone comes a mouth watering rate with incredible features, an affordable mid-range smartphone under N10,000.
Yes, you heard me, Zzapo phone is under N10,000.
Zzapo mobile features a 5.5-inch display, a 16MP main camera and it carries a huge 13MP selfie camera sensor above the wide display. Zzapo calls it a panaromic camera. The device comes with large bezels but you still get a decent look of the device. It comes with a fingerprint sensor at the back
Thw device is powered by Snapdragon chipset, 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, and 3200mAh battery which also comes with fast charging feature.
The most fascinating thing about Zzapo Mobile is that the manufacturer says it will carry an introductory price tag of N7,999 for the first five days of availability.
As for the regular price after the promo, the company has not disclosed any details. But if affordable is really what the company is bringing to the table, we should be getting a sweet price offer.
Zzapo Mobile Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 9 Pie
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 5.5 inches, 16:9 aspect ratio, screen
- Colours: Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.8 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Qualcom Snapdragon
- Graphics Processor:
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 16 MP camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, [email protected] video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 13 MP, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, [email protected] video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass:
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor:
- Ambient Light Sensor:
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor):
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: .
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3200 mAh
- Battery Charging: Fast Charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Number: N/A
Zzapo Mobile Price and Launch Date
- Announced: October 2019
- Release Date: N/A
- Country Availability: Nigeria.
- Introductory Price: ₦7,999 during the first 5 days of sale.
I like Zzapo Phone
Zzapo Mobile has a number of decent specs, and the snapdragon processor is one of the features I like in the device, although the company didn’t specify which Snapdragon processor will be equipped in the device.
The design is a bit awkward but at the same time, i seem to like it and above all the device is offered for the price of ₦8,000 in the first five days of availability. Thats an amazing deal.
Zzapo calls the smartphone the most affordable phone in Nigeria.