High cost of internet data have been one of the major reasons 9mobile has continued to loose subscribers, the company has recorded over 500k loss and still counting but that fate may change soon as 9mobile have just introduced a new set of data plans which seems to be promising.
Since 9mobile (Etisalat) launched In Nigeria, the company hasn’t introduced any great data plan for subscribers however, they have one of the fastest internet services, even better than the grand Master of data itself.
9mobile subscribers enjoy some sweet offers, like call bonus, SMS, roaming airtime etc. But on the data side, it is nothing to write home about however they have a 1GB data plan for 200 Naira whose validity is just 3days but that hasn’t gotten the company anywhere.
Recently the company also introduced 1GB + 3hours of free streaming for just 200 Naira, valid for 2 days but, for 9mobile to survive in a country like Nigeria today, they need to offer cheap internet data plans along side the quality service they already offer.
Even the grand master of data, Glo is gradually losing subscribers due to the poor quality of internet service it presents to users but offers cheap data. This tells us cheap alone won’t win the race, if only 9mobile will take advantage of the current data situation and offer cheap internet data, they might eventually become the grand master of data and maybe the best telecom company in Nigeria.
Well, enough talk, below are the list of the new 9mobile data plan.
9mobile New Monthly Data Plans
- 75GB for N15,000
- 40GB for N10,000
- 15GB for N5,000
- 11GB for N4,000
- 4.5GB for N2000
9mobile New Weekly/Daily Data Plans
- 7GB for N1,500 + Social (7days)
- 2GB for N500 + Social (3days)
- 1GB for N500 + Social (7days)
- 1GB for N500 + Social (24hours)
9mobile New Night/Weekend Data Plans
- 1GB for N200 (12am – 5am)
- 2GB for N1000 (7pm – 7am)
- 5GB for N2000 (7pm – 7am)
The 1GB is valid for just 24hrs while other has 30days validity.
To subscribe to any of the above data plan, dial *200*3*1# and select from the list.
9mobile Partners Google & Transsion to Offer Cheap Internet and Smartphones to Customers
9mobile has also partnered with search giant, Google and mobile devices manufacturer, Transsion, the parent company of Tecno, Infinix and Itel brands, to roll-out amazing smartphones offer to entice customers.
Customers can choose from Tecno, Pop 2 and Pop 2 Power, Itel A33, P33 Plus and S15, or the Infinix Hot 8 Lite and newer devices will also be added.
What You’ll Enjoy When You Buy Any of the Above Phones
- Customers who purchases Tecno and Itel phone models, Tecno 2, Pop 2 Power and Itel A33, P33 Plus and S15, will enjoy 2G free sign-up data bonus upon activation and also receive 100% bonus on all data plans purchased from N1, 000 and above for the first six months together with 50% data bonus on all data plans from N1, 000 and above from the 7th to 12th month.”
- Also, Customers who purchase Infinix Hot 8 Lite are not left out of the fun as they get up to 4Gb free sign-up data bonus upon activation plus 100% bonus on all data plans purchased from N1, 000 and above for the first six months, while 50% bonus on all data plans purchased from N1, 000 and above will apply from months seven to twelve.
According to 9mobile, the key objective of this latest offer is to enable both new and existing 9mobile customers to own quality smartphones and browse seamlessly.
So, what do you think about 9mobile’s newly introduced data plan? Share your views with us in the comment section below.