If you’ve been searching TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite to root your device, take nandroid backup and flash custom roms and mods, then you’re at the right place.
On this page, you’ll find TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot 8 Lite and step to root your Infinix Hot 8 Lite device. This is TWRP for MT6580 on Android 8.0 Oreo kernel, you can download and port this recovery for your Android 8.0 device.
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This is the first custom recovery for Infinix Hot 8 Lite X650 which also means Hot 8 Lite users will be getting new Android 9 and 10 custom roms on their devices soon.
Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Infinix Hot 8 Lite.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB OTG)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.3.1
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite and removing force encryption. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
Why you need TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite
With TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite X650 (custom recovery for Infinix Hot 8 Lite) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP - Recovery Version: v3.3.1 - Recovery Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Infinix Hot 8 Lite - Device model: X650 - Stock OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6580 - Kernel: 3.18.79+ (Stock Kernel) - Bit Version: 32-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite
In a previous article, I shared how to root Infinix Hot 8 using the latest TWRP 3.3.1 custom recovery, do check it out if you need to root a standard Hot 8 device.
NOTE: PLEASE READ THIS INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY AS MANY TIMES YOU CAN.
Steps To Install TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite
For this tutorial, you need to first download TWRP for Infinix X650 from the link below
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
Step 9. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
- Boot your device into fastboot mode again and check if your device is still connected using the adb command fastboot devices
- Now flash the TWRP recovery using this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once that is done, boot into recovery (Power + Volume Up) to confirm that you have successfully flashed TWRP on your Infinix Hot 8 Lite
- While TWRP is trying to load to main menu, if you’re asked for password to decrypt your device, just ignore that step, then, go to the Wipe Menu and Format Data.
- Wiping data will wipe all your data so make a point of backing up your important data.
- Now reboot
After the long process is done, you’ve now successfully flashed TWRP recovery for Infinix S4.
How to root Infinix Hot 8 Lite X650
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download TWRP for Infinix Hot 8 Lite X650[sociallocker] [/sociallocker]
- Team Win - Mudsiru Adewale (for porting) - Pius oblie (fixed storage issue) - And all testers whom participated on this project.