If you’ve been searching TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus and how to root it, then, you’ve just landed on the right page. In this post, you’ll learn how to root Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A and also install the latest TWRP 3.3.1 custom recovery.
This is TWRP for MT6765 running the latest Android 9.0 Pie with kernel version 4.9.117+, you can download this Tecno Pouvoir 3 TWRP recovery and port to other Android 9.0 device having the same Android version.
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project)
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
This is the first custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus which also means Pouvoir 3 users will be getting new Android 10 custom roms on their devices soon.
Installing TWRP Custom Recovery on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus is a little tricky but very simple if you follow the steps correctly. Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.3.1
- Fix selinux issues during formatting – dianlujitao
- Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds – CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
- Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk – Dees_Troy
- Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system – Dees_Troy
- Create digest for subpartitions – bigbiff
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A and removing force encryption. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
Why you need TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus
With TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus (custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
- Recovery Name: TWRP
- Recovery Version: v3.3.1
- Recovery Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: Unofficial
- Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus - Device model: LB8A - Stock OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6765 - Kernel: Stock Kernel - Bit Version: 64-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A
Unlike the normal flashing of recovery via adb that we’re familiar with, installing TWRP on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus comes with a little different due to the recent Android 9.0 Pie OS.
Read the instructions carefully before going on with the steps, don’t forget to use the comment section if you have any questions.
Steps To Install TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus
For this tutorial, you need to download TWRP for Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A and DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip to remove force encryption on the device to allow TWRP to make changes to the device. All files are included in the downloadable twrp file at bottom of the post.
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
Step 9. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
You can flash TWRP custom recovery on your Pouvoir 3 device eith via adb or using smartphone flash tool.
To flash your TWRP using ADB;
- Boot your device into fastboot mode aging and flash the TWRP recovery using this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the recovery has been flashed successfully, wipe the device data using this command
- Do not reboot your device yet for any reason, doing so will require you start all over again.
press and hold power and volume up buttons to boot into TWRP recovery
- You’ll see a message like “your data partition is unencrypted”.
- Now, flash DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip to disable the forced
encryption on the device and then reboot.
- If you encounter any error after flashing DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip
and after rebooting the phone you get an error
"saying decryption unsuccessful"or
“the device is requesting password” factory reset is blocked at this stage, so what you simply need to do is to reflash the stock recovery image.
- A this point the device will no longer be encrypted.
- After flashing the stock recovery image, boot the device. It will factory reset itself,
when its done reboot the device.
- Now, reflash TWRP recovery using this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
After the long process is done, you’ve now successfully flashed TWRP recovery for Infinix Hot 8 and removed force encryption.
To flash recovery using smartphone flash tool;
This method is recommended for those who seem to find the adb method stressful or not clear enough. To flash;
- First download Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus Download agent as it required for this method.
- Now launch smartphone flash tool on your PC
- Replace the default download agent with Pouvoir 3’s download agent before anything.
- Now load the scatter file in the recovery folder.
- Click download and connect your device.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll get a download ok on screen.
- Disconnect your device and boot into TWRP recovery using the power button and volume up key.
How to root Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus Using TWRP
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus
- TWRP Developers - Unofficial TWRP - Mudsiru Adewale (for porting) - And all dev whom participated on this project.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE