We all have been patiently waiting for the Beeptool Oyi-1 $1 smartphone or maybe some of us already gave up on Oyi-1 smartphone as a result of the unexpected delay. It’s been over a year already since the Beeptool Oyi-1 preorder and not a single unit of the device has been shipped but the smartphone will finally see the light following NCC’s certification.
Yesterday, Beeptool took to their official social media handle to announce the approval of the Oyi-1 handset and other licences required to operate in Nigeria. The company stated that the Oyi-1 $1 smartphone is ready to roll-out for rural connectivity and digital ecosystem deployment in Nigeria.
OYI-1 $1 Smartphone Quick Specs
- Screen: 5inch FWVGA 854*480
- 4G LTE Dual SIM (Dual-SIM): Micro SIM + NANO SIM / TF Card
- Embedded with all in one messaging, voice and video calls and mobile financial services ecosystem app
- Embedded with other essential apps sponsored by the providers
- Android™ 7.0 Nougat Operating system
Apps, Surveys, Data & Sponsorship Finance
Reinforced Frame & Screen, Unbeatable Value,
- Memory/Storage: 1GB RAM /Built-in: 8GB, Micro-SD (Support up to 32GB)
- Processor: MT6580 1.3GHz Quad-Core
- Frequency Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900/2100 |WCDMA 900/2100 |FDD-TDD-LTE B1/2/3/5/7/8/20/28/40
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n Dual-SIM Bluetooth 4.1 3.5mm Headset Jack
- Dimensions: 144.1 x 71.9 x 9.8 (mm)
- Camera: Rear: 5MPx ; Front: 2MPx
- A long battery life: (2000mAh plus one extra) USB
- GPS: Support and Durable 4G Smartphone
- Google: GMS certified
Beeptool also took their time to appreciate NCC and fans who have shown support. We don’t know when Beeptool intends ti begin shipment but we hope they’ll announce soon enough.
Should I be excited about the news?
Well, I know some of us will be excited about the news and some of us will probably want to get his/her package before going to social media to share their experience.
Well, I also would love to avoid disappointments at this very moment and wait to get the Oyi-1 smartphone and then write a review. So until the device finally ships, let’s just enjoy ourselves. Read more about NCC approved handsets here.