Rumours of the Huawei P40 series has been in the air for quite some time now, and a recent report confirmed that the new Huawei P40 series will be launching next month in Paris. Ahead of the launch, Huawei has quietly launched the first member in the P40 series, called Huawei P40 Lite.
Huawei P40 Lite launches with a 6.4-inch IPS LCD Infinity-O display (punch-hole display), it comes with a Full HD+ resolution of 2,310 x 1,080 pixels. It comes with a quad-camera setup on the rear and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
You may also like: How To Debloat Android Stock Rom Without Root
The selfie camera houses 16MP shooter while the primary camera boast of a 48MP main sensor, an 8MP wide-angle lens, a 2MP macro camera, and another 2MP depth sensor. The quad-camera setup on the P40 Lite, however, closely resembles the squared camera layout on the iPhone 11 and Google’s Pixel 4 series.
Huawei P40 Lite is powered by Kirin 810 which rivals Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 675 and Snapdragon 730 Mobile platforms. However, it tops out at 1080p/30fps video recording, which means that camera can’t perform 4K video capture like phones powered by Qualcomm’s counterparts.
The P40 Lite Kirin 810 processor is paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. It runs on EMUI 10 based on the latest Android 10. Given the ongoing US trade ban on Huawei, the all-new P40 Lite will be using Huawei’s Mobile Service in place of Google Mobile Services (GMS) along with the revamped Huawei AppGallery which replaces Playstore.
The P40 Lite is housed by a 4,200mAh and it comes with 40W SuperCharge. This battery size and wired charging speed are the same as Huawei’s flagship P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro device.
Huawei P40 Lite Quick Specs
- Display: 6.4 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Dimension: 159.2 x 76.3 x 8.7 mm (6.27 x 3.00 x 0.34 in)
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 810 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MP6
- Memory: 8GB 128GB – expanded via Micro SD up to 256GB
- Camera: Quad rear camera, single selfie shooter.
- Primary: 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.4, (ultrawide) + 2 MP, f/2.4, 27mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Secondary: 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Comms: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 40W
Huawei P40 Lite Price And Availability
The Huawei P40 Lite is reportedly priced at €299 (~$326),(approx N119,316) and will be exclusive to Spain starting March 2via Huawei’s e-store. It will be available in three colour options: Crush Green, Sakura Pink, and Midnight Black.
Those who pre-order the device will get a free pair of Huawei FreeBuds 3. The device will be available in other European regions over time and maybe global too.