Samsung entered the affordable smartphone segment with its new “Galaxy M series” in January 2019 and has brought many powerful and pocket-friendly (cheap) devices, now the South Korean tech giant wants to take the affordable smartphone segment by storm with its new Galaxy M31 device.
Samsung Galaxy M31 has launched into the mid-range smartphone segment and comes with impressive specs and features. It features a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U display, a fingerprint sensor and a quad-camera setup.
The device houses a 64MP main camera + an 8MP Ultra-Wide camera, 5MP depth and macro cameras. On the Infinity-U display, the device holds a 32MP selfie shooter with AI and AR features. The camera also comes with a dedicated night mode feature.
Galaxy M31 is powered by Samsung’s Exynos 9611 octa-core chipset assisted with 6GB RAM for a seamless performance. It comes with onboard storage ranging between 64-128GB with supports for external SD card up to 512GB.
The device runs One UI 2.0 based on the latest Android 10 OS out of the box and housed by a huge battery capacity of 6000mAh which is rarely available on smartphones. The battery comes with 15W fast charging support.
Samsung Galaxy M31 Quick Specs
- Network: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Display: 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- Chipset: Octa-Core (Quad 2.3GHz + Quad 1.7GHz) Exynos 9611 10nm processor with Mali-G72MP3 GPU
- Memory: 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Operating System: Android 10 with One UI 2.0
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Cameras: Quad camera (rear), Single selfie shooter
- Main: 64MP rear camera with Samsung GW1 sensor, LED flash, 8MP 123° ultra-wide-angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IM616 sensor
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor
- Comms: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Battery: 6000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
Samsung Galaxy M31 Price and Availability
Galaxy M31 comes in two different storage variants, the 64GB variant will start selling for $208 (approx N75,920) while the 128GB variant goes for $222 (approx N81,030). The device will be available for purchase beginning from next month in India, however, there’s no word as to when it will go global.
Should Xiaomi Be Worried?
We all know Xiaomi to be the best performing device in the affordable smartphone segment, but if Samsung keeps bringing cheap and credible devices like the all-new Galaxy M31 device, Xiaomi may need to sit tight and bring up a better strategy to outperform Samsung in the mid-range smartphone segment.
You may also like: Google Unveils Android 11 – Here’s What’s New
What are your thoughts on this? Share with us in the comment section below.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE