Back in 2019, Facebook announced a new design as some of the changes coming to its platform at its F8 conference, as well as the much-awaited dark mode feature. Now, Facebook has finally rolled out the new design and dark mode for its desktop version.
As promised, the new Facebook loads faster and the new design features streamlined navigation by adding tabs for Watch, Groups and gaming at the top of the home page. Unlike the classic Facebook, the new design renders immersive layouts and uses large fonts to improve readability.
Facebook has also made it easier for users to create Pages, Ads, Events, Groups, and market place listing on the home page – and users will be able to see a preview of how these will look on mobile.
The biggest feature in Facebook’s new design, however, is the new dark mode for the desktop version which can be switched from the account drop-down menu.
How to Switch to Facebook’s new design and enable dark mode
Currently, Facebook users can only enjoy the new design and its features on the Chrome web browser, so if using Chrome as your default browser, here’s how to enable the new design and enable dark mode.
1. Launch your Chrome web browser and sign-in to your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the Account drop-down menu in the top right corner of the homepage.
3. In the drop-down menu, you’ll find an option saying “Switch To New Facebook.”
4. Tap on it.
5. The new layout will be loaded and you’ll get the following prompt to choose between light and dark layout.
6. To use dark mode, simply choose the dark option as your new layout and it will be enabled across all pages.
That’s it, now you can enjoy the new Facebook design along with the dark mode.
As of now, Facebook users can switch back to classic mode following the same steps listed above, however, the option will likely be removed quick as more users switch to the new layout. Now, all that remains is the dark mode for Facebook app for Android.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE