Have you ever wondered if you could just scan an image into a word processing app or just copy the texts from an image into a word processing app, saving yourself the stress of typing the same texts on a word processing package? Well, this is very possible and in this review article, we’ll be sharing an Android App that does it.
Sometime last year, I was preparing an assignment on Microsoft Word, I was actually copying from a friend who had saved some pages from the internet😉, I got tired of typing at some point and was wondering if I could just get the whole content on MS Word already without typing. Luckily for me, my friend knew about an app that could actually do this and since I was copying from his phone, he opened up the app, scanned the image and before I realised, everything was formatted to a document and all I had to do was just edit some texts.
It was like magic.
I was going to write a review on the app, but somehow it slipped my mind and didn’t even ask the name of the app from my friend. But recently, I stumbled upon a similar app that does the same image to word conversion and although it does the job, I found some things I didn’t like about this particular app.
Now, let’s meet the app.
Image to Word – Picture Scanner with OCR
Image to word is an Android app that helps you convert images to Word (docx) format easily. It basically extracts texts from a printed image like notes, thesis, reports, resumes or other documents into editable texts.
If you have a printed copy of a document on your phone which can be any other the above mentioned, you can easily import it into the app and have it converted to an editable file. You can as well snap the document if you don’t have a saved copy on your device and convert.
Interestingly, when you’re converting documents like a resume, it retains the document format.
However, it didn’t work so well with resume images with graphics.
While it extracts the text on the resume with graphics, the conversion ended a mess and it would take a lot of time arranging that back to the original format.
You can also scan an image to document on the go using Image to words built-in picture scanner with OCR.
I try using the OCR scanner but the results weren’t good for some document but performed well with documents that are printed clearly and bold.
Image to Word Converter features:
- No limits on the file size or the number of converted files.
- Screenshots can be converted as well.
- Powerful image scanner with OCR.
- Easily share converted documents anywhere.
- Cloud services are supported (Dropbox, Drive, OneDrive, Box and more).
- The converted document is in the .docx format and immediately ready for further reuse.
- Converted documents are editable so, you can quickly make small adjustments in any Word editor on your phone or computer.
How to use Image to Word converter?
Converting an Image to a word document or text, all you need to do is:
- Download and install Image to Word converter.
- Open the app and select the image you want to convert. It can be a JPG or png file from your phone, or you can quickly scan a photo.
- If needed, it’s possible to crop or rotate the image.
- Just wait for the conversion to complete and that would be all!
- Conversions are completed in seconds.
- Converted documents are editable.
- The converted document is in the .docx format and are saved for reuse.
- You can convert images to PDF.
- Free conversions take up to 1 hour to complete, that’s really bad. I would suggest limiting features instead
- Can not convert handwritten.
- May not deliver the best result for some printed document including graphics.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE