For those of you who have been searching for a stable Android 10 Custom ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7 device, you can now enjoy a stable Android 10 experience with minor bugs on Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7. For quite some time now I’ve been battling with 3 major issues after updating Tecno LA7 vendor to bring a smoother custom ROM experience for the device and I’m glad to announce that I’ve been able to fix this three issues which are dialer, online video (for social media like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter etc) and long boot.
It is no longer news that Tecno mobile doesn’t offer newer OS upgrades for its devices and fans don’t like the fact that they can only get OS upgrades when they buy a new device. Well, but thanks to the existence of project treble on new Android devices, Tecno and Infinix users can continue to enjoy newer OS on their devices with custom ROMs.
Android 10 Key Features:
- Live caption
- Smart reply
- Auto amplifier
- Gesture navigation
- Dark theme
- Privacy control
- Security update
- Focus mode
- Family link
- Location control
- QR codes for sharing WiFi
- Improved permission control
You’ll find all Android 10 features and meaning here.
What is BlESS?
BLESS is a custom Android ROM project based on BlissRoms with Andy Yan’s and Phhusson’s Treble GSI patches. This ROM is completely free of bloatware, it is fast, smooth and offers a highly customizable engine with great battery management. BLESS ROM is by far the best Android 10 ROM that I have tried on Tecno Pouvoir 2, if you’re already using Havoc ROM, then I recommend you switch to this ROM.
BLESS Android 10 ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7.
BLESS ROM Features:
- Lawnchair (Pixel-like launcher)
- Styles & Wallpaper
- AOSP Apps
- Smart Charging
- Live Display
- Theming Options
- Privacy Manager
- Clock & Date Customization
- Custom Logo
- Network Traffic
- Carrier Label
- Battery icon styles
- Statusbar icon toggles
- HD/Volte icon toggle
- Small mobile type icon
- Bluetooth battery status
- Double Tap to Sleep
- Double Tap to wake
- Brightness Control
- Jump to Camera
- System Navigation
- Gesture Navigation
- Sensitivity Slider
- 2-Button navigation
- 3-Button navigation
- Always on while charging (on supported device)
- New Notifications
- Music Ticker
- Double tap to check
- Pick Up
- Hand Wave
- Ambient Screen Brightness Slider
- Power Menu
- Advanced Reboot
- Lockscreen Visibility
- Screen off torch
- Volume Rockers
- Volume Steps
- Swap keys
- Playback control
- Wake device
- Keyboard cursor control
- Answer call
- Navigation Bar Customisation
- Lockscreen Customisation
- Ambient display visualiser
- Lava lamp
- Pocket detection
- FP authentication vibration
- Gaming Mode
- Wake up on charge
- Charging animation
- Screenshot type etc.
- Offline charging (The device charges when it’s off but doesn’t display battery percentage)
- Hotspot (Only works with PdaNet)
- Minor glitches
Online video (Fixed) Long boot (Fixed) Dialer (Fixed).
You may notice some glitching while using the ROM, it only apply to the system interface and doesn’t affect other apps..
If you’re looking for a stable Android 10 for Tecno Pouvoir 2, you should try BLESS OS Custom ROM.
- Device name: Tecno Pouvoir 2
- Device model: LA7
- Device stock OS: Android 8.1.0
- Device chipset: MediaTek MT6739
- Device Kernel: 4.4.95+ Oreo
- Bootloader: Unlocked
- ROM name: BLESS - ROM OS version: Android 10 (Q) - SDK Version: 28 - Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language - Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
How to install BLESS Android 10 for Tecno Pouvoir 2 (LA7)
Important Notice: Make sure you back up all your important files and data before flashing BLESS Android 10 for Tecno Pouvoir 2 LA7. If you damage your device trying to flash a custom ROM or any file gotten from this website, this site or its authors will not be responsible.
- Backup your current ROM including your vendor partition.
- Download BLESS Android 10 ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 2 from the given link below.
- Download bootloop fix/patch.
- Download Gapps (nano recommended).
- Download Tecno LA7 modified Vendor
- Extract the vendor backup and put in TWRP folder (To make it easier, create a new backup of your boot partition, once done, boot up your device, locate the backup folder, delete the boot file you just backed up and paste the Vendor files in it.)
- Now, copy the ROM img file, bootloop fix, and Gapps to your SD card.
- Power off your device and boot into TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP recovery, go to wipe and perform a factory reset.
- First, restore the modified vendor using the restore option.
- Return to TWRP main menu and tap on install and install img.
- Select BLESS OS Android 10 GSI img file and flash.
- Once the ROM has finished installing, go back to TWRP main menu.
- Now flash allzygotefix, and permissiver (all files are present in the patch) extract and flash one by one.
On First boot, your device may reboot before it gets to the boot animation screen, don’t panic, it is all good. Wait for 3-5 minutes, your device will boot up into the new Android Q OS.
Download BLESS Android 10 ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 2
Possible Errors And How to Fix
After flashing BLESS Android 10 on Tecno Pouvoir 2, you may encounter the following errors we’ll be listing below when installing gapps and there fixes.
Error Code 70: Insufficient Storage While Installing Gapps
To fix insufficient storage issue when installing TWRP, follow the simple steps below;
- In TWRP, go to wipe then click on the Advanced Wipe option.
- On the next screen, tick the system partition then tap on the repair or change file system option.
- You’ll be taken to another new screen as shown in the screenshot, now, tap the resize file system option.
- You may get an error on your first try, don’t panic, just retry resizing your device file system again and everything will work fine.
- Once the file system has been resized successfully, go back to TWRP and flash gapps, it should now install without any problem.
Error Code 20: Incompatible Android ROM detected
This error occurs when the gapps package you’re trying to install is seeing your current rom as stock and not the Android 10 ROM you just installed.
Follow the steps to fix;
- In TWRP main menu, tap on the mount option, you’ll get a list of all the available partition on your device.
- The system partition as shown in the screenshot below will be unticked, this simply means the system partition is not mounted, the reason gapps is failing to recognize the ROM installed.
- Now, all you need to do is mount the system partition by ticking the system partition.
- Once the system partition is mounted (ticked) retry gapps installation and there should be no more issues.
So, that’s it. If you encounter any other issues installing BLESS Android 10 for Tecno Pouvoir 2, kindly use the comment box below.
- eremitein (BLESS ROM maintainer) - Phusson (For patches) - Andy Yan's - Mudasiru Adewale (For Tecno LA7 vendor and fixes) - Others