Qualcomm Snapdragon chip is one of the best chip powering smartphones today, it latest Snapdragon 865 chip can be found on most of the premium device available today. While we’re waiting for Qualcomm to release the Snapdragon 865+ chip for smartphones in 2020, 91Mobiles reports that Qualcomm is bringing the Snapdragon 865 successor, its first 5nm process chip for premium devices next year, the Snapdragon 875 (Codename SM8350).
According to the leak, Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 will feature an X60 5G modem-RF system, integrated 5G modem, LPDDR 5 SDRAM and more. The Snapdragon 875 will use a 5nm process which will be more efficient than the 7nm process on the current Snapdragon 865 chip.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 Leaked Specs
- 3G/ 4G/ 5G modem compatible with Millimeter wave (mmWave) as well as sub-6 GHz bands
- Adreno 660 GPU
- Adreno 665 VPU
- Adreno 1095 DPU
- Kryo 685 CPU built on Arm v8 Cortex technology
- Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU250)
- Low-power audio subsystem combined with Aqstic Audio Technologies WCD9380 and WCD9385 audio codec
- Quad-channel package-on-package (PoP) high-speed LPDDR5 SDRAM
- External 802.11ax, 2×2 MIMO, and Bluetooth Milan
- Spectra 580 image-processing engine
- Snapdragon Sensors Core Technology
- The leak doesn’t say a word about the performance improvement Snapdragon 875 will bring over its predecessor but we’re certain that it’ll be considerable, owing to the new 5nm manufacturing method.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 may launch in late December following Qualcomm usual launch process and we’ll then get see in flagship devices in 2021.
Just last month, Qualcomm introduced its newest quick charge technology for smartphones, the Quick Charge 3+ which claimed to do 0% to 50% in 15 minutes. It comes with backward compatibility for devices with Quick charge 2.0 and 3.0 and will be available on Snapdragon 765 followed by others.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE