Vivo has just launched a new mid-ranger into the smartphone space, the Vivo V19. This device comes with a familiar appearance, one we’ve seen in the past months and although the V19 comes with great specs, competing with other newly launched mid-ranger like the Redmi Note 9 device in terms of performance and price would be challenging.
The device features a 6.44-inch FULL HD+, Ultra-O Super AMOLED display that houses a dual camera (a 32MP main and an 8MP ultra-wide lens). The device uses an In-display fingerprint sensor, giving the rearview a clean look on the glass sandwich design.
The Vivo V19 follows the 48MP camera trend, paired with an 8MP wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP macro sensor with dual-LED flash on a fairly large bump on the rear. The device is powered by the Snapdragon 712 processor which is kind of old, the processor was launched early 2019, in February precisely. This would have made a lot of sense if the pricing was below $300 but it seems users will have to pay more for the huge ram and storage.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 SoC is paired with 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB of storage. On top of that, there’s a Copper Tube Liquid Cooling for heat dissipation. I guess a more recent processor would have been perfect for a mid-ranger over $300.
The company also introduced a mid-range device about a month ago, the Vivo S6 5G which is powered Samsung Exynos 980 chip. But the Exynos chip productions seems to have met its ending meaning manufacturers will have to settle for a MediaTek or Snapdragon Soc on future phones.
The Vivo V19, however, runs Funtouch OS 10 based on the latest Android 10 out of the box and packs a 4500mAh battery power with support for 33W Vivo FlashCharge 2.0 via its USB Type-C port.
Vivo V19 Quick Specs
- Network: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C port
- Display: 6.44-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 E3 Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Dimensions: 159.64 x 75.04 x 8.5 mm; Weight: 186.5g
- Soc: Octa Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- Memory: 8GB 128GB, 8GB 256GB UFS 2.1 storage, expandable with microSD
- Operating System: Android 10 (Funtouch OS 10)
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Rear: 48MP (f/1.79 primary) + 8MP (f/2.2 wide-angle) + 2MP (f/2.4 depth) + 2MP (f/2.4 macro)
- Front: 32MP (f/2.0 primary) + 8MP (105° wide-angle f/2.2)
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Comms: 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 4500mAh battery with 33W Vivo FlashCharge 2.0 fast charging
Vivo V19 Pricing And Availability
Vivo V19 comes in two colour options, Mystic silver and Piano black. The 8GB 128GB version cost Rs. 27,990 ($370) about 134k, and the 8GB 256GB storage option costs Rs. 31,990 ($422) about 153K. The device will be available in India and no words about when it will go global.