Are you a Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus user searching for bugless Android 10 custom ROM for your device? Well, search no more, in this article, we’ll be sharing a bugless Android 10 ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A device.
Many Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus users are stuck with the HiOS based Android 9 OS which as we all know will not be getting OS upgrade but will continue to receive security updates for a year or two.
Although Tecno devices are great, not having OS upgrades is why many of the Tecno and Infinix fans have moved to brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, Samsung etc. To worsen the issue, Tecno doesn’t push its latest HiOS skin to older devices, this would have been great since the company fails to provide OS upgrade, instead, it focuses on producing new devices and add it latest HiOS skin and features to it.
Tecno users, however, are not completely left in the dust, you can still upgrade your device to the latest Android OS and add several features with the help of custom ROMs. Thanks to Google’s project treble, all Android 8 devices and newer can install new the latest Android OS version even if the manufacturer is not providing it.
The bugless Android 10 ROM we’ll be installing on the Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus device is the latest Crdroid GSI Android 10 ROM.
What is CrDroid?
crDroid is an Android ROM based on Lineage OS, it is designed to improve the performance, reliability and customizability of stock Android. Crdroid gives you that pixel experience on your device, it is simple, lightweight, offers customization option, secure and has a good battery management.
Crdroid ROM comes with all the features available in stock Android and let’s you customize most part of if it. With Crdroid you can customize your:
- Status Bar
- Quick Settings
- Lock Screen
- Recent Screen
- User Interface
Without further ado, lets dive into the steps in installing Crdroid Android 10 ROM on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A.
How to install Crdroid Android 10 ROM on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A
Before you can install Crdroid Android on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A device, you need to have a custom recovery like TWRP installed. If you don’t already have TWRP, install TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A using the guide here.
If you have TWRP installed on your device, you can skip that part and proceed below.
Steps to install Crdroid Android 10 ROM on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A
- Download the latest Crdroid GSI Android 10 ROM for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8a, Gapps and persimissiver zip file from the links below
- After downloading, copy both files to the root of your SD card where it can be easily located.
- Now, boot your LB8a device into TWRP recovery mode
- In TWRP recovery, take a full backup of your current rom
- Once you’re done with the backup, perform a factory reset
- After resetting, return to TWRP main menu and tap install
- On the install interface, tap install image at the bottom right corner
- You will see all the files with .img extension in this section. Choose the Crdroid Android 10 GSI .img file
- You’ll be required to select the partition you want to install the GSI ROM on, choose the system partition
- After you’ve selected the partition, you’ll see an option that say swipe to install, do that
- Crdroid Android 10 ROM will begin installation, so sit back until it completes
- Once the ROM finishes installation, flash Google apps (Gapps). I recommend Pico and Nano gapps which provides only the necessary Google services.
- Lastly, flash permissiver zip file and reboot
Note: first boot may take 3 – 5 minutes, so, don’t panic. If anything goes wrong, you can restore your TWRP backup.
Crdroid Android 10 Screenshots
Possible Errors And How to Fix
After flashing Crdroid Android 10 on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8a, you may encounter the following errors when installing Gapps, below are quick fixes.
Error Code 70: Insufficient Storage While Installing Gapps
To fix insufficient storage issue when installing TWRP, follow the simple steps below;
- In TWRP, go to wipe then click on the Advanced Wipe option.
- On the next screen, tick the system partition then tap on the repair or change file system option.
- You’ll be taken to another new screen as shown in the screenshot, now, tap the resize file system option.
- You may get an error on your first try, don’t panic, just retry resizing your device file system again and everything will work fine.
- Once the file system has been resized successfully, go back to TWRP and flash gapps, it should now install without any problem.
Error Code 20: Incompatible Android ROM detected
This error occurs when the Gapps package you’re trying to install is cannot detect the ROM version installed on your device. To fix it, follow the simple steps below:
- In TWRP main menu, tap on the mount option, you’ll get a list of all the available partition on your device.
- The system partition as shown in the screenshot below will be unticked, this simply means the system partition is not mounted, the reason gapps is failing to recognize the ROM installed.
- Now, all you need to do is mount the system partition by ticking the system partition.
- Once the system partition is mounted (ticked) retry gapps installation and there should be no more issues.
So, that’s it. If you encounter any other issues installing Crdroid Android 10 ROM on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A device, kindly use the comment box below and we’ll get back to you ASAP.
That’s it, you’ve successfully upgraded your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A to Android 10.
- Crdroid developers - Phusson (For patches) - Mike (Techzbyte fan) - Mudasiru Adewale (For TWRP and guide)