Over the past few weeks, Xiaomi has been busy distributing the MIUI 12 update to all eligibel devices globally. While some users are still yet to receive the update, it seems Xiaomi is also working on MIUI 12 Android 11 which is expect to roll out sometime in September 2020.
Since the release of Android 11 beta, we’ve seen a couple of Xiaomi participate in the test program. Although the Android 11 beta was based on stock Android, this give us a hint that the company may have already started working on the MIUI 12 based on Android 11 truly and a Mi fans even claims that the company is already testing it out on several device.
At the moment Xiaomi hasn’t made any official announcement on eligible devices for MIUI 12 based on Android 11 but this Mi user also claims to have an official list of eligible devices for MIUI 12 Android 11.
We advise you take these information with a pinch of salt since it is not an official list, however, the Mi user seems to be right about some of the listed devices because some of them are already in the Android 11 beta program.
list of Xiaomi devices that are being tested for MIUI 12 Android 11:
- Mi 10 (Android 11 Beta 2 based on MIUI 12)
- Mi 10 Pro (Android 11 Beta 2 based on MIUI 12)
- Mi 10 Youth Edition (Lite Zoom) (Internal tests)
- Redmi K30 Pro / Poco F2 Pro (Android 11 Beta 2 based on MIUI 12)
- Redmi K30 / Poco X2 – Confirmed by Poco India
- Redmi K30 5G / Redmi K30 (Internal tests)
- Redmi K30i 5G (Internal tests)
- Mi CC 9 Pro / Mi Note 10 / Mi Note 10 Pro (Internal tests)
- Mi Note 10 Lite (Internal tests)
- Redmi K20 / Mi 9T (Internal tests)
The Mi user also claims that the first MIUI 12 Android 11 stable ROM is scheduled for release in September and although there is no solid proof for this, it will make sense to assume he’s right since the Android 11 final release in also expected to come in September.
Normally, every Android smartphone is entitled to at least two years of OS update after release but many manufacturers defy this. Xiaomi is one of those company that delivers regular OS update for it wide range of devices but fans may be disappointed since some of the devices launched in 2019 with Android 9 like the Redmi Note 7 series, Note 8 series, Mi Mix 3 5G and Mi Mix Alpha didn’t make this list.
Below are list of of device that are eligible for MIUI 12 Android 11 (Mi fan list)
List of MIUI 12 Android 11 eligible devices:
- Mi 10 (umi)
- Mi 10 Pro (cm)
- Mi 10 Youth Edition (Lite Zoom) (vangogh)
- Redmi K30 Pro / Poco F2 Pro (lmi)
- Redmi K30 / Poco X2 (phoenix)
- Redmi K30 5G / Redmi K30 Racing Edition (picasso)
- Redmi K30i 5G (picasso_48m)
- Mi CC 9 Pro / Mi Note 10 / Mi Note 10 Pro
- Mi Note 10 Lite (toco)
- Mi 10 Lite 5G (coin)
- Mi 9 (cepheus)
- Mi 9 Pro 5G (crux)
- Mi 9 SE (gray)
- Mi CC 9 / Mi 9 Lite (pyxis)
- Mi CC 9 Meitu Edition (sail)
- Mi A3 (laurel)
- Redmi 10X Pro (bomb)
- Redmi 10X 5G (atom)
- Redmi 10X 4G / Redmi Note 9 (merlin)
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max (excalibur)
- Redmi Note 9 Pro (joyeuse)
- Redmi Note 9 Pro India / Redmi Note 9s (curtana)
- Redmi 9 (lancelot)
- Redmi 9C / Poco C3 (angelica)
- Redmi 9A (dandelion)
- Poco M2 Pro (gram)
- Blackshark 3S
- Blackshark 3 Pro (mobius)
- Blackshark 3 (small)
- Blackshark 2 Pro (darklighter)
- Blackshark 2 (skywalker)
- Redmi K20 Pro / Premium / Mi 9T Pro (raphael)
According to the Mi user, Xiaomi devices using Snapdragon 845, such as the Mi 8 and Mix 2S, will not be updated to Android 11 maybe due to the fact that the device are almost two years old. While this may be true, this is not Xiaomi’s official list of eligible devices for MIUI 12 Android 11 update, and we can expect to see some changes to the list in the future.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE