If this article, you’ll find TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6 download link, step by step guide to install TWRP on Spark 4 and simple guide on how to root Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6.
This is TWRP for MT6761 running the latest Android 9.0 Pie with kernel version 4.9.117+, you can download this Tecno Spark 4 KC2 TWRP recovery and port to other Android 9.0 device having the same Android version.
Tecno Camon 12 Air runs MediaTek Helio A22 (MT6761) Soc with 2GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage. The device comes with a 6.52-inch IPS LCD dot-drop display with 720 x 1600 pixels resolution.
What is TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
With TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6, users can now:
- Upgrade there devices to the latest Android version by flashing the latest Android 10 and Android 11 custom roms (GSI).
- Easily take full backup of their current ROM (stock ROM, IMEI etc)
- Install custom themes (substratum)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
TWRP 3.3.1 Features:
- Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
- Remove SuperSU from TWRP
- Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB Otg)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
What’s New in TWRP 3.3.1
- Fix selinux issues during formatting – dianlujitao
- Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds – CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
- Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk – Dees_Troy
- Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system – Dees_Troy
- Create digest for subpartitions – bigbiff
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing Tecno Camon 12 Air TWRP. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
- Recovery Name: TWRP
- Recovery Version: v3.3.1
- Recovery Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: Unofficial
- Supported Language: Multi-Language Support
- Device name: Tecno Camon 12 - Device model: CC6 - Stock OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie - Chipset: MediaTek – MT6761 - Kernel: 4.9.117 - Bit Version: 64-bit (Arm86)
How to install TWRP on Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6
There are three steps in installing TWRP on Tecno Camon 12 Air: unlocking the device bootloader, flashing TWRP using adb or smartphone flash tool and disabling force encryption on Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6.
If you’re installing TWRP for the first time, read the instructions carefully before downloading TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6. If the steps are not clear, simply drop a comment before flashing so you don’t brick your device.
Step 1. Unlocking Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6 Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot flashing unlock
Step 9. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing Tecno Camon 12 Air TWRP
You can flash TWRP custom recovery on your Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6 device via adb or using smartphone flash tool. But first, you need to first disable DM_verity on your device:
- First off, download TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 Air and vbmeta.img from the link below
- If you’re using adb, boot your device into fastboot mode
- In fastboot mode, flash the vbmeta.img first using fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img to disable Dm_verity
- Once the vbmeta.img has been flashed successfully, flash TWRP
- To flash TWRP, type in the command fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img and hit enter
- Smartphone flash tool users should use the device scatter file to load each file and flash. Read how to flash with sp flash tool here
- Now, disconnect your device from PC
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6 device
How to root Tecno Camon 12 Air Using TWRP
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download TWRP for Tecno Camon 12 Air CC6
- TWRP Developers - Mudsiru Adewale (for porting) - Hovatek.
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL — CLICK HERE