Facebook App dark mode feature has been in development for quite a long time, it has been one of the most expected features on the platform and now, it has been rolled out to all Android and iOS users worldwide. This is coming a few weeks after Facebook rolled out vanish mode for Messenger and Instagram.
Facebook App is one of the late apps to fully implement dark mode, not sure why it took so long but most apps (if not all) under the Facebook umbrella already got the feature working including Facebook Lite, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp.
The dark mode feature is no longer a new feature in the smartphone space, however, a lot of users will still be excited to have the feature on their Facebook mobile app. The feature not only helps you interact with the app better at night or in dark places, but it also reduces the strain on the eyes for users who spend hours on Facebook.
So, if you’ve long been waiting for Dark Mode feature on the Facebook mobile app, then follow the simple step by step guide ahead to activate dark mode on the app.
How To Activate Facebook App Dark Mode?
The Facebook App dark mode can easily be activated the same way as implemented in the Lite version of the app, it takes only a few steps to activate the feature on the app but since the main app has more segments than the lite version, you’ll have to do a few more clicking/tapping to get it activated.
Before you can enable and use the dark mode feature, you need to be running the latest version of the Facebook app for Android or iOS. With that said, now, follow the simple guide below to activate dark mode on your Facebook mobile app.
Steps to enable dark mode on Facebook App:
- First off, update your app to the latest version from Google PlayStore or the Apple AppStore.
- Now, that your Facebook app is up to date, launch the app from your home screen or app drawer menu.
- In the Facebook app, click on the hamburger menu and scroll down to settings and privacy.
- In the settings and privacy segment, you’ll find the newly added dark mode feature. Tap on it.
- On the next screen, you’ll find two options to choose – ON and OFF (to turn on dark mode, tap the ON option)
- Now, your Facebook app will turn dark. See image below.
Viola! You’ve successfully enabled dark mode on your Facebook mobile app. That’s all on how to activate Facebook app dark mode feature. If you cannot find the feature after updating your app to the latest version, then wait for a few more days.