The Google Camera (GCam) app is one of the best camera apps on Android for taking outstanding photos. The app comes preinstalled on Pixel devices, however, its popularity has grown over the years, thanks to several developers who has made the camera port for many non-Pixel devices.
Choogle Camera or GCam Mod as it is popularly called enables non-Pixel device users to enjoy the Google Pixel camera features on their Android device. With Google Camera (GCam) you can take professional photos and shot high-quality videos in 4k60fps.
With the launch of the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a5G, Google released the Google Camera 8.0 which brought massive UI change to the camera app and new features like Night Sight portrait mode, Cinematic pan, Audio Zoom, Storage saver mode and more. These features were exclusive to the Pixel 5 and 4a5G until November when Google released the Google Camera 8.1 (GCam 8.1) for its entire Pixel lineup.
The latest Google Camera app port GCam 8.1 Mod APK can now be downloaded and installed on non-Pixel devices. This will enable you to use all the latest Google Camera features on your current device. The camera app is developed by BSG, one of the popular Google Camera app developer (porter/modder) and is based on the Google Camera V8.1.011.
Google Camera 8.1 Mod APK Changelog By BSG:
- The mod has been completely redesigned (now it is divided into 3 components: Full, Level3, Pixel phones).
- tracking focus without using GL Preview (for Level3).
- added auto white balance.
- Added Auto Night Sight for all models.
- Added Top Shot (short video).
- Automatic format selection.
- Added the ability to use 60 FPS for some devices.
- Fixed astrophoto problem.
- Fixed front camera for OnePlus.
- Fixed Pixel 2, OP3T issues.
- Fixed Slow-mo problem on some devices.
- fixed digital zoom for all models.
- Fixed stabilization modes (Model Pixel V).
- many minor bugs fixed.
- new devices added to support.
How to Install Google Camera 8.1 (GCam 8.1) Mod On Any Android Device
- First off, download GCAM 8.1 Mod APK file. The app file looks like MGC_8.1.011_A9_V0.apk.
- Once downloaded, tap on the downloaded APK file to install.
- If prompted to enable unknown source for installation, enable it.
- Once enabled, tap the back button and proceed to install the app
- After a successful installation, you’ll find the new GCAM app icon on your home screen/app drawer
- Tap on the icon to launch the app.
Note: If your device front camera doesn’t work after installing the GCam Mod, simply change the Preview format to YUV in your settings. Also, the app may not work for all Android device (especially MediaTek devices), however, you can always try and drop your feedback in the comment section.