If you’ve been searching TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8a and how to root it, then, you’ve just landed on the right page. In this post, you’ll learn how to root Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A and also install the latest PitchBlack TWRP 3.1.0 custom recovery based on TWRP 3.5.1.
This is TWRP for MT6765 running the latest Android 9.0 Pie with kernel version 4.9.117+. It can be downloaded and ported to other Android 9.0 device having similar configurations.
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project)
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Installing TWRP Custom Recovery on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus is a little tricky but very simple if you follow the steps correctly. Follow the guide ahead to install TWRP For Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A.
- Wiping partition
- Backup Partition
- Restore partition
- Mounting partitions, such as the system, boot, userdata, cache, and internal storage
- Install Zip (From SD Card, Internal Storage, OTG Storage)
- Advanced Wipe Menu (Dalvik, System, Cache, Data,
- Internal Storage, SD Card, USB OTG)
- Advanced (Backup | Restore) Menu
- Advanced Mount Options
- TWRP File Manager
- Advanced Reboot Option
- Completely Material Themes
- Easy And Simple
- Proper Detail Of Task
- Showing Progress In Percentage
- Automatically Flash More Than One Zip File One By One
- File Manager
- Brightness Control
- Full Touch control
TWRP version 3.5.1 is the most recent version of the TWRP custom recovery. It brings much support for Android 9 and 10 devices as well as fixes for issues from previous versions. You can download the TWRP 3.5.1 recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8a from the download link below.
What’s New in TWRP 3.5.1?
Android 9 Branch:
- Build compilation in 7.1 tree – CaptainThrowback
- SAR: Don’t follow symbolic links for block devices – bigbiff
- SAR Update script name for clarity – CaptainThrowback
Android 9 and Android 10 Branches:
- Wrappedkey support running only on FBE devices – CaptainThrowback
- TWRP App log information reduced – epicX67
- Refresh details after system wipe and adb sideload – AdrianDC
- Chinese translation updates – betaxb
- Support keymaster 2 – PeterCxy
- add tzdata to TWRP for timezones – CaptainThrowback
- ParitionManager: support delayed adopted storage mount – PeterCxy
- Support to start terminal from file manager directory – AndroiableDroid
- Nano support – nebrassy
- Add nano support to open files from file manager – CaptainThrowback
- Include new magisk apk support to be installed by TWRP – ianmacd
- Add support to change directory name where TWRP stores backups – epicX67
- Add bash support – not the default shell – DarthJabba9
- ORS support to format data – AdrianDC
- Add support to flash both slots when flashing an image – epicX67
- NL translation updates – ianmacd
- Installation cleanup – remove dupe PackageExtractFn – klabit87
- Remove logd-reinit service – CaptainThrowback
- Restore system root context – bigbiff
- Only include keymaster 2 if tree supports it – CaptainThrowback
- Strip lines containing ‘–‘ in language_helper.py – ianmacd
- Unlocalized string fix – ianmacd
PitchBlack TWRP is a customized TWRP based on the latest TWRP 3.5.1 recovery. The recovery comes with some improvements, fixes and integrated themes. This means you can change your TWRP UI. TWRP 3.5.1 Follow the guide ahead to download TWRP For Tecno LB8a and install.
Disclaimer: Make sure you have backed up every all your important files and data before proceeding with the guides ahead, all file and data stored on your internal storage will be lost in the process of flashing TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A and removing force encryption. This Site or its author won’t be responsible for bricking of your device.
Why you need TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus
With TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus (custom recovery for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A) you can perform the following operations listed below;
- Install custom ROMs (upgrade your device to a newer Android Version)
- Take Nandoid backup (full Android system backup)
- Flash performance mods, Sound mods and graphics mods.
- Root your device etc.
How to install TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A
Unlike the normal flashing of recovery via adb that we’re familiar with, installing TWRP on Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus comes with a little different due to the recent Android 9.0 Pie OS.
Read the instructions carefully before going on with the steps, don’t forget to use the comment section if you have any questions.
Steps To Install TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus
For this tutorial, you need to download TWRP for Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8A and DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip to remove force encryption on the device to allow TWRP to make changes to the device. All files are included in the downloadable twrp file at bottom of the post.
Step 1. Unlocking Bootloader
1. Go to about phone on your device and enable developer option on your device by tapping the build number continuously until you see you’re now a developer.
2. Now, go back to the settings list under the system and select the developer option.
3. In developer option, enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging.
4. Now download and install minimal adb and fastboot tool on your PC.
5. Once, you’ve installed adb and fastboot tool on your PC, launch it and connect your device.
6. Now, enter the following commands below.
You should get a prompt on your phone’s screen to grant access permission, accept the permission.
7. Now, we’ll reboot into device bootloader by using the below command.
adb reboot bootloader
8. Once your device reboot into the bootloader, you now have to unlock your bootloader using the command below.
fastboot oem unlock
Step 9. Now, when the unlock process is done, reboot your device using the command.
Wait for your device to boot. On boot, you’ll notice a warning text that your device is now unsecure blah blah blah. You don’t have to panic, your device is ok.
Now, you’ve successfully unlocked your device bootloader
Step 2. Flashing TWRP
You can flash TWRP custom recovery on your Pouvoir 3 device via adb or using smartphone flash tool. But first, you need to first disable DM_verity on your device:
- First off, download Tecno Pouvoir 3 LB8a vbmeta.img and LB8a TWRP from the link below
- If you’re using adb, boot your device into fastboot mode
- In fastboot mode, flash the vbmeta.img first using fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Once the vbmeta.img has been flashed successfully, flash TWRP
- To flash TWRP, type in the command fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img and hit enter
- Smartphone flash tool users should use the device scatter file to load each file and flash. Read how to flash with sp flash tool here
- Now, disconnect your device from PC
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed TWRP recovery on your Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8a device. If you’re having issues installing TWRP on your device, hen, watch the video below.
How to root Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus Using TWRP
- Download the latest Magisk manager zip file
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In recovery, flash Magisk manager and make sure you don’t wipe anything
- Just flash Magisk manager and reboot.
Download TWRP for Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus LB8a
- TWRP Developers - PitchBlack TWRP - Imtaz Rahman (for porting new recovery) - Mudsiru Adewale